x

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients?

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients? 

Do you process payments for International or Overseas clients the same way as NA clients?

What do we need to know about processing International clients (my clients are based in Hong Kong, Phillipines, Germany, Israel, and other foreign countries.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 110
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to enter international addresses for credit card payment?

Square automatically will show a number pad on the manual transactions. But the bottom left button says ABC and will take you to the usual alphanumeric keyboard. You can enter her postal code on that screen. 

535A5FF0-48CE-487C-931F-EF56AE85DA36.png

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To piggyback off the previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder. However, if the ZIP or postal code you need to enter is alphanumeric (as some are outside the US), you can toggle between the number keypad and the keyboard.

On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.

You can check out more information on accepting international cards in our Support Center. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 110
109 REPLIES 109

I have a card information for a customer that I need to charge him for our service but when I tried the card has declined he contacted with his bank and they said it's fine but the problem if you guys accept Visa electron cards or not or it gas to be visa depit to be accepted. Thank you 

Message 43 of 110
Admin

Hi @Moe, sorry to hear about the trouble accepting this payment. @Sean's post above should clear this up.

If you're still having any trouble, we'll need to look into specifics. You can send the payment information directly to our Support Team and we'll be able to get to the bottom of it.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 44 of 110

How to enter a credit card payment from Spain?

Message 45 of 110
Square Community Moderator

@3056617729 Hi there!

Check out this thread. It should give you a run down on how to take international cards. 

Message 46 of 110

I pastor a small church in Oregon and have some friends in Ireland who want to donate. How do I do that using Square?

Message 47 of 110
Admin

Hello @tohuvahobu, you can accept international credit cards using Square Register. See Sean's reply for more information. Hope that helps! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 48 of 110

many countries have no zip code or postal codes like UAE . then what should be the zip code of dubai . you can write 00000 or N/A where countries does not have any zip code

Message 49 of 110

Hi

How do I take a payment off a credit card from Aruba when they do not have zip codes?

Thanks

Gary

Message 50 of 110
Square

Hi @Gazza31 — It looks like another seller had a similar question, and received an answer. Long story short, 00000 should do the trick. 😉

Sean
he/him/his
Message 51 of 110

Hi Sean - Thanks for that, all good now with the 00000 as the zip code.

Message 52 of 110

Hello Sean, what is the postal code for El Salvador? Or buyers have tried 00000, 99999, SV000, SV503, NA. Nothing seems to work.

Is there a list of postal codes per county that we can post on our website?

Message 53 of 110

sl

Message 54 of 110
Square

Hi @StanLabo — It looks like I helped another seller with the same question. Check out this post for the best answer. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Message 55 of 110

How to charge a card from the Bahamas?

Message 56 of 110
Square

Hi @LighthouseTaxi — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out my reply above for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 57 of 110

Enter 00000 where the zipcode should be, it worked for me.

Message 58 of 110

I would like to charge a credit card to an American Citizen who lives in Dubai and has mail sent there. However, Dubai does not have zip codes. They have PO boxes. Any idea if I can charge this card.

Message 59 of 110
Square

You can absolutely accept international credit cards, if the card issuing country only has postal codes, please enter that in place of the ZIP code (On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP).

If you’re processing an international payment card from a country that does not have a postal code, you can suggest that your customer enter 5 zeros (00000) in the postal code field in lieu of a postal code.

Message 60 of 110

Can I swipe or use chip reader for International cards or do all have to be manually entered.

Tags (1)
Message 61 of 110
Square

@jak - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 🏆

As for your question, you can definitely swipe/dip international cards as long as they bear the logo of one of our card partners (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or UnionPay). 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 62 of 110

Am I able to accept UnionPay and JCB in Australia? 

Message 63 of 110