x

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients?

How do you enter in credit cards for International (overseas) clients? 

Do you process payments for International or Overseas clients the same way as NA clients?

What do we need to know about processing International clients (my clients are based in Hong Kong, Phillipines, Germany, Israel, and other foreign countries.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 110
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to enter international addresses for credit card payment?

Square automatically will show a number pad on the manual transactions. But the bottom left button says ABC and will take you to the usual alphanumeric keyboard. You can enter her postal code on that screen. 

535A5FF0-48CE-487C-931F-EF56AE85DA36.png

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To piggyback off the previous post, 5 zeros is a great option if there aren't ZIP or postal code in the country of the card holder. However, if the ZIP or postal code you need to enter is alphanumeric (as some are outside the US), you can toggle between the number keypad and the keyboard.

On iOS devices,  you can tap ABC at the lower left of the screen, then to return back to the number keypad, tap 123 in the lower left of the screen. To switch between the number keypad and keyboard on an Android device, you tap the keyboard icon to the right of ZIP.

You can check out more information on accepting international cards in our Support Center. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 110
109 REPLIES 109

How can I take a payment overseas? Manually entering card info

Message 106 of 110
Super Seller

We take international payments via invoice 🙂 then the client can enter CC themselves 🙂

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 107 of 110
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DannyM1,

Thanks for reaching out. Happy to help!

Card transactions attempted outside of the country where you activated your Square account can’t be processed with Square. 

However, you can accept cash transactions while traveling internationally.

You can certainly follow @DLRosenberg  advice as well and invoice! Check out more information here and on international availability

Please let us know if you have any more questions. 

Message 108 of 110

I have a client from Norway attempting to make payment but it keeps declining on the four digit zip code. I have gone back to the client and we have double checked every detail of his card and address so the client side does not appear to be the problem. Any ideas how I can resolve this and take a payment?

Message 109 of 110
Square Community Moderator

Hey @KennyPAS,

Welcome to the Community.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message you're receiving without sharing the buyer's personal information?

Message 110 of 110