x

How do you redeem e-gift cards on Square Register?

How do you redeem Square e-gift cards on Square Register?  I saw a tutorial where the gift card could be used through the Square App, but I don't see the same payment options in the Square Register.  

Thanks so much for any help given!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @PRtheGM and thanks for your question. If you go to the Checkout screen on your Register, and select Gift Cards from the menu. You should see a button at the top that says Gift Cards. If you click on that you should be able to enter the number digits for the e-gift card and redeem on your Register.

For more info on Square gift cards, check this link. Thanks and I hope this helped answer your question. Happy Selling with Square!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @PRtheGM and thanks for your question. If you go to the Checkout screen on your Register, and select Gift Cards from the menu. You should see a button at the top that says Gift Cards. If you click on that you should be able to enter the number digits for the e-gift card and redeem on your Register.

For more info on Square gift cards, check this link. Thanks and I hope this helped answer your question. Happy Selling with Square!

Message 2 of 4

I’m having same problem redeeming e gift card in square register.  There is no option for a gift card when I go to charge screen.  Help?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Justforyoubylu 👋

If you are not seeing Manual Gift Card Entry under your payment options, you will need to enable this from your Payment Types settings.

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.

2. Tap Settings > Checkout > Payment Types.

3. To rearrange, drag and drop by tapping the three horizontal lines next to the Payment Type name.

4. Tap the toggle button to the right of the Payment Type to add or remove it from your checkout screen.

5. Use the Preview button at the top of the screen to preview your new checkout screen.

You can learn more about accepting Gift Cards here

I hope this information is helpful and is able to resolve this issue but please do let me know if you have any additional questions! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4