x

How is anyone using "prepayment" in appointments online scheduling getting tips?

Is anyone else using "prepayment" in appointments online scheduling? How are you collecting tips? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for the post, and interesting question! We don't currently offer tipping in advance of the service being rendered. While I can't speak for other sellers, I think they're probably accepting cash tips, or just using Square Register to accept a tip in person. 

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8

Question: 

If I have it set to "Require Card to book appointment",  does the card get charged for the appointment when it occurs?  

I want to require the card to book but not take payment upfront.  Is that not what happens? Do I still need to invoice the customer to get paid for an appointment?? 

Is my only solution switching to "Require Prepayment"?? I am scared that will drive my customers away. 

Thanks in advance!
- Lee

Message 3 of 8

Not possible...you can however allow tips on invoices.  After the client mschedules an appointment you can send out invoices at the end of the day.  Keep in mind there is a additional 2% fee associated with invoicing. 

Message 4 of 8

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Checkout for a prepaid session, or for a complimentary session" The author has been notified via email.

It seems like I cannot check out a client for whom there is no charge, eg prepaid session. I want to record a tip which is an Item but can’t add an Item wo a set Service.  

Is there a way to do this? 

Message 5 of 8

Here is my solution to that problem. There may be a better way, however I've only been w square 4days.

After they pay online, when they come in to get a service, at the time of checkout, create a ticket with the clients name, the service providers name, then add an item called tip for $1.00, check guest out and they can type custom tip amount in.

So far, thats been my only solution.

#themassagemillionaire

www.themassagemillionaire.com

Message 6 of 8

Due to Covid-19 we are taking prepayments through our appointment system to limit contact when visiting our Barber Shop.  There does not seem to be an option for tipping when using this method which is of big concern as a big percentage of our income comes from tipping. Is there a solution to this? 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

How are you @EliasDi !

You're right - Appointments prepayment does not allow tipping. You will have to create a 'tip' item and collect payment in person or accept cash tips. 

Or you might be interested in setting up a donation checkout link. Post it to your booking site so clients can tip/contribute there.

Not the most ideal but we're working to implement more features that keep sellers safe and protected during Covid. Stay up to date with announcements here on this thread. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8