x

I am trying to place items on sale.

I am running a sale on certain categories in my store. For example, all of my paperbacks are currently on sale for $5.00 each. Is there a way I can make the category go on sale without having to change each individual item?

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @dianasbooks, welcome to the seller community!

At this time, we don't offer a sale feature as you've described, though I can see how applying a discount to a particular category would be useful for many sellers. I'll be sharing this with our Product Liaison team, who is constantly working to improve our products and services.

For now, you'll need to apply a discount to the appropriate items or sale manually.

Hope this helps make things more clear. Keep in touch for updates and let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @dianasbooks, welcome to the seller community!

At this time, we don't offer a sale feature as you've described, though I can see how applying a discount to a particular category would be useful for many sellers. I'll be sharing this with our Product Liaison team, who is constantly working to improve our products and services.

For now, you'll need to apply a discount to the appropriate items or sale manually.

Hope this helps make things more clear. Keep in touch for updates and let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 26

I sent a marketing email with 40% off a category.  when the customer comes in with the email code, only 40% is taken off the first itme scanned in the category and not 40% off everything in the category.

Message 3 of 26
Square

Hi @djswan, thanks for posting. 

For the time being this is working as intended, but I've seen this request previously.  Be sure to subscribe to that thread as well, and we'll update you if this changes in the future. Thank you!

Message 4 of 26

Working as intended??? You are allowed to email a campaign that offer a percentage off of a category and when the customer comes in they will only get the discount off 1 item, not everything in the category. Maybe time to switch POS system if this is the best square can offer. 

Message 5 of 26

Hey @djswan,

Currently only one item from the category will have the discount applied to it. We have come across this before, as you can see in the link @Spenser provided. We agree that it is not ideal and have passed your feedback along to the product team. 

Applying the discount to all items within the category is currently a feature request. If anything changes in the future we will update both threads. 

Message 6 of 26
Beta Member

Hi, I wanted to see if there was an update to this.  Is there a way to have a temporary discount built into an item?  I want to do a sale for Valentine's Day. I can do it in the shop manually easy enough, but it won't apply to people who order through my online store. 

Message 7 of 26

Hello @HaworthWine, currently we don't have a temporary discount for the Online Store.

Although, I have seen other Square Sellers adjust the price of an item, edit the item name, and the item image to reflect that something is on sale! 

This is the only work around we have to offer for temporary sales. 

Message 8 of 26

I'd like to see a sale item feature added. I know you can a discount but it would be easier to have a setting in the system where flagged items and categories could be all listed with a particular sale discount rather to have to remember to apply a discount at the reg or to have to tag items that should be on sale. I'd like to have square just ring up the correct sale discount that is running.

Message 9 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for your detailed feedback and letting us know what you'd like to see @cornpopper!

While I don't have an update right now, I will let the team know you're looking for this feature and hopefully this will be something we can improve on in the future. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 26

Ok...its been almost a year, and this hasn't been added to the features yet?  There is an option to turn on a "Sale" tag to be shown in my online store when something is on sale...but no way to actually put that item on sale?  Please advise...and if it's not a feature...THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED!!

Message 11 of 26

I’d also like to know how to place items on a temporary sale & get the sale tag flagged on each item. Has this option been added yet? 

Message 12 of 26
Beta Member

They must have updated this finally because I was able to do this today!  My example is as follows: I have a print that has item variations, for example, select-a-size. I was able to go into the variations and place a sale on only one item. That one item shows as on sale now! So, to all who have been asking for years, hopefully you'll see this reply!  I'm attaching screenshots to show you!Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.07.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.07.21 PM.png

Message 13 of 26

Thank u. I did notice the change but I did notice that the sale price does not show up in Square. So you have to manually change it to match the sales price in your website. 

Message 14 of 26
Beta Member

I am not doing in-person POS right now, so no. I only use the website editor to add a sale price within the listing. Furthermore, if you have variations, like select-a-size, for example, and only want one size or variation to be on sale, you can, but the sale price wont show until you select it. on the landing page, you will at least see the nice red letters "on sale" which is what I wanted!

Message 15 of 26
Beta Member

This is the same problem I have not encountered. On my mobile app my sale items do not show up. They also don't show up as on sale on my Facebook page. Is there a way to fix this with out having to go in an manually change the price in each place?

Message 16 of 26
Alumni

HI @soapbubbles,

Are you talking about the Square App not showing your sales history/items? Have you tried reinstalling it?

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 26
Beta Member

I have items at a discounted price on a sale page that works on the Weebly site but I noticed on my square app that they are still showing up as regular price. If I am doing a craft show I wont' have accurate pricing. This app is what my Facebook page is also connected to.

Message 18 of 26
Beta Member

Hi Soapbubbles, I have been trying to figure out how to connect to facebook and instagram with my page and can't. it seems facebook wants me to create a whole separate album just on facebook!  

Message 19 of 26
Beta Member

I think I created an album. I know under the old Facebook there is a shop button that I use to edit my products. I added the product name and then linked it to my square app. I wish I could be of more help. I need to write this stuff down. I tend to google a lot of my questions. I hope this helps some. If you have the new Facebook you may want to switch to the old. You will need to do it quickly because I think they are making the switch permanent in 48 hours. I've submitted a number of times the lack of a shop button in the new but haven't seen any response.

Message 20 of 26
Beta Member

I have complained to facebook, too. I've switched to the old twice now. It keeps switching me back. grrrr.  

Thanks for your thoughts. 

Message 21 of 26