x

I'd like my final prices be whole numbers with sales tax included, is this possible?

Hi!!

I'm trying to have my sales all total in whole numbers so we can avoid collecting coins. Is there a setting in Square that in a way works backwards so that I can set the total price to INCLUDE tax? Or will I have to go through each one and figure out and set the pre-tax price to be some odd number so that the end result is a whole number? i.e. item is $22.96 so that it is $25 after tax. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can actually price your items when setting them up the tax to include the tax in the item price.  

so when you say it should be $25 Square will figure out the item is say $23 and $2 is tax automatically.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 7.56.19 AM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can actually price your items when setting them up the tax to include the tax in the item price.  

so when you say it should be $25 Square will figure out the item is say $23 and $2 is tax automatically.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 7.56.19 AM.png

Message 2 of 15

I am not sure how you got this to work out so that the end total is an even number as the original question asked. The goal is to have a final price of an even $25 but the square system adds a percentage to an item price when you use the add sales tax method.

I am fairly new to square so I am maybe missing something and was hoping you could help clarify.

Thank you for any help you can send back!

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

in my example screenshot, choose the "include tax in item price" so that the price you set is the price and no sales tax will be added.

Message 4 of 15

image.jpg

this is the only screen I can get to show up for this matter. How did your screen come up with the option to include tax? And why won’t mine?

Message 5 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BreeDrawnArt - thanks for taking the time to post this screenshot.

I tried testing this out on my side, and I was unable to duplicate this screen. Would you mind clarifying where you are seeing this screen? 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 15

I got to this screen trying to get to the customization of a tax rate in hopes that that would bring up the screen posted earlier. I go to the tax set up, I checked off automatically calculating sales tax. Both adding a new tax rule and editing the original brought up this screen. I am using the free online store version: could that be why I only get this screen? I’m able to include taxes on my POS, so I thought it’d be simple online, also. 

Message 7 of 15

I was able to contact support on this, and it’s no longer an option on our online stores. So, while we can easily include taxes in our POS prices, and those prices sync with our online stores, it is impossible to charge tax as INCLUDED in our listed prices. It will always be added. I am very sad and confused.

Message 8 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Thanks so much for clarifying this, @BreeDrawnArt. And I'm glad that our Support Team was able to help you get to the bottom of this. 

It looks like the feature you are looking for has yet to be implemented in our system. We are always looking for ways we can make our software more effective and helpful for Sellers, and you can rest assured that we will be passing your feedback over to our Product Team. 

Thanks for sticking with us in the meantime, we really do appreciate your patience. When there is more to share in the future, we will be sure to update everyone here. 

Joe
Message 9 of 15

Thank you! I would LOVE to see this feature implemented, and I’m sure my fellow event vendors would agree.

Message 10 of 15

Is there a way to set a price for an item with the tax included? for example want to say an item is $20 with tax included. and I dont want to do the math backwards to figure out that its $17.34  or whatever... I thought there was a way to do that, but can't find it now, and of course Square support requires me sorting through 3000 other peoples problems to see if one is close to one! Love square but hate this part!!!!!!

Message 11 of 15
Admin

Sorry you're having trouble sorting through answers @cherylholz! I merged your post to this thread where VanKalkerFarms gives the run down on how to accomplish this task.

Let us know if you need any additional help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 15

thank you!!!!! I KNEW there had to be a way.....

Message 13 of 15

after adding a second "tax" for the credit card processing fee, my printed receipts changed. It no longer prints amount, tax and total? now it prints, amount, comps, and total- does not break down the taxes on the receipt. Is there a way to get the receipt to print- sales tax- this amount and credit card tax- this amount?

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Sounds like tax is included in price. Instead, you want to add tax to item price

I moved you to a thread that points you to where to make this setting in Dashboard. @growingup

Justin
Message 15 of 15