x

Is GPS/location recorded when employee punches in/out?

Does Square location stamp the GPS coordinates when employees punch in/out?

This would be very useful for field employees that are not required to report to an employers location to begin work (ie: have take home vehicles)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

Thanks for your post @eze! At this time Square does not record the GPS location of an employee when the clock in.

I understand how this would be useful and I'll share your request for this with our Employees team. 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 19

Following up to find out if Sqaure has enabled GPS location tracking for Mobile Employee. This feature would allow us to track our employee who travel within and outside of our HQ city. Please advise if this something that can be expected in 2018

Message 3 of 19
Alumni

Hi @ShawnBankston - No timeline on this feature, unfortunately. If we get any updates, we'll share on this post!

Message 4 of 19

I would also be able to benefit from location tracking when an employee clocks in and out going into the year 2020. 

Message 5 of 19
Beta Member

I am using Square to manage our field employees. The only reason I don't use Square Team Management is that it does not have a GPS recording system. If Square has this published, I will definitely switch from the current software to Square. 

Message 6 of 19
Beta Member

Has there been any updates on if this is getting developed?  Being able to see gps location when employees clock in and out is a must have

Message 7 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jedztt

No timeline on this feature, unfortunately.

We will be sharing an update here if this feature is launched in the future. 

Thank you for adding your voice to this feature request. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 19

Same boat here. Would use the Team app and sign up for Payroll services if this would be available. Or at least confirm clockin with having their mobile accessing the allowed/local wifi. Will never use since this can be easily abused without the feature

Message 9 of 19
Beta Member

Square had this feature in 2020, but I can't find it anymore.

Where did it go?!

Here's a screenshot:

ocp_0-1651369404547.png

Message 10 of 19

I used to have it also

Message 11 of 19
Beta Member

Needing this GPS feature as well to manage our field workers. 

Message 12 of 19

Hi @Sunaura,

I appreciate you reaching out!

This is currently still is feature request being tracked and worked out with the Product Team. There is no ETA of when it would be released.

We will certainly keep you updated as if we get closer to implementation. 

Thanks again for providing your feedback on this feature request. 

Message 13 of 19
Beta Member

@MayaP wrote:

Hi @Sunaura,

This is currently still is feature request being tracked and worked out with the Product Team. There is no ETA of when it would be released.

It was ALREADY released!

Where did it go?

Message 14 of 19

Hi @ocp,

Thank you for inquiring about this!

This was removed to improve the functionality of the feature. But I completely understand the need to have this as soon as possible.

This is certainly on our radar. And the Product Team is hard at work to bring it back. We will be sharing an update here if this feature is launched again in the future.

I appreciate you adding more feedback to this feature request!

Message 15 of 19
Beta Member

Add another vote for a GPS stamp on clock in/out, that feature is really becoming a must-have for us as we grow.

Message 16 of 19

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @nrspamela26 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 19

This is the only feature missing to make this work for our company. The scheduling and client reminders is perfect. However, our employees are scheduled for service work for a # of hours per job (residential cleaning). We need to know they are clocking in/out at the houses and not early and charging our clients the allotted time. 

Message 18 of 19

Thank you for adding your voice to this feature request, @RSCreatives - we'll continue to highlight this with our team! 

Message 19 of 19