x

Is there a way to capture customer info at time of sale (address/phone) w/o setting up in directory?

Without having to set each customer up in directory, is there a way to 'require' customer information at time of purchase? We sell at medical conferences, which have high traffic, needing all info quick, and physicians aren't wanting to fill out extra (paper) forms so we have all of their information when we come back from conference. Creating a customer prior to sale isn't easily done at time of sale either. Thoughts/Ideas?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

You can add a quick note to your sale so you have your customers name and contact information associated with each sales without having to set up a full customer profile. Keep in mind that if you add a note to your sale, it will display on your customer receipt and in the Item Details csv.

To add a note to an item at checkout:

- Tap *Current Sale* at the top of the screen.
- Tap an item and add your note in the Add Note field. 
- Tap the arrow in the top-left corner to return to the current sale.

If you need any more information regarding adding notes to payments, our Support Center has you covered! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Best Answer

You can add a quick note to your sale so you have your customers name and contact information associated with each sales without having to set up a full customer profile. Keep in mind that if you add a note to your sale, it will display on your customer receipt and in the Item Details csv.

To add a note to an item at checkout:

- Tap *Current Sale* at the top of the screen.
- Tap an item and add your note in the Add Note field. 
- Tap the arrow in the top-left corner to return to the current sale.

If you need any more information regarding adding notes to payments, our Support Center has you covered! 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I am interested in having a pop-up at check out time where my cashiers can enter the customers zip code. Is this possible? Is it a customization that might be available?  We're a nonprofit and collecting this information is vital when applying for funding.  Unless it's automatic, cashiers are forgetting to ask/record it.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PNWQFAM and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where another seller had a similar question.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I have the same Question. I have cell phone repair business, we need a system that requires customer info at POS.

Message 5 of 8

Hi @PSR and welcome to the Seller Community!! This is still a feature request and Kelly's best answer still applies, but to prevent this sensitive information from printing on your customer receipts, I would recommend just creating a customer profile and entering the information in at the checkout screen. That way, their information is safely stored in your Customer Directory and not subject to being printed on a public facing receipt. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

I have the same need as the question related to zip code collection for the same reason (small nonprofit). Has a better solution been created?  Thank you!

Message 7 of 8

Hi @aehangarmuseum 👋

Thanks for checking in on this thread! This workaround would still apply. I'd also recommend checking out customer management as this would allow you to create a customer profile at the point of sale, allowing you to collect any customer information necessary. 

Message 8 of 8