x

Is there a way to check total items in stock?

Is there a way to check the total number of items you have in stock?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Thelavenderdoll Here are the steps to view the total number of items you have in stock:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to the Items section and click Item library.
  3. Click the + icon in the upper right and check the box beside In Stock.
  4. Then click Actions > Export library.
  5. You'll see the number of items under the column Current Quantity and you can use spreadsheet software to sum this column.

If you have multiple locations, when you download the report you'll see a separate Current Quantity column for each location. If it's easier you can filter this report to view one location at a time — click All Locations at the top of the screen to filter this report by location.

I hope this is helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

@Thelavenderdoll Here are the steps to view the total number of items you have in stock:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to the Items section and click Item library.
  3. Click the + icon in the upper right and check the box beside In Stock.
  4. Then click Actions > Export library.
  5. You'll see the number of items under the column Current Quantity and you can use spreadsheet software to sum this column.

If you have multiple locations, when you download the report you'll see a separate Current Quantity column for each location. If it's easier you can filter this report to view one location at a time — click All Locations at the top of the screen to filter this report by location.

I hope this is helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

How can I see the date the item came into stock and the date it left?

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Click the item to edit in Dashboard > View Stock History. You'll see dates of when the item was received and sold. 

@DPillon

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Can the dates be pulled into an inventory report?  

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Nah. You can export your item library but it'll only show the stock levels, not the date an item was sold or received. 

Sorry about that @DPillon

If you're looking for more advanced inventory reporting, subscribe to Square for Retail

Justin
Message 6 of 9

We've been utilizing the inventory management system through Square for our shop but are looking to print out a report showing all of our on-hand inventory at the end of the year for tax purposes.  Can't seem to find a way to do this through Square's reporting without manually going through each sku and making our own report.  Any ideas?

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

There isn't a report available that generates inventory on hand. I'm afraid you'll have to click each item to edit to view stock levels. 

@bvfcvancouver

Justin
Message 8 of 9

this would be extremely helpful also being able to click in stock items only to print labels would also be amazing . idk why you only have low stock, out of stock and all inventory only for selection

Message 9 of 9