x

Is there a way to edit ticket layout?

I was wondering if there is a way to edit ticket layouts? Especially things like:

Select which sections print in red (especially the To Go // For Here section)

Add a buffer at the top of the ticket so the table number doesn't get hidden by the ticket rail

or

Edit the layout and move the table number to the bottom of the ticket

Thanks!

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to edit the layout of your printed tickets. If you are using a kitchen ticket printer, your printer should automatically give you a buffer space at the top of the ticket to allow for your order rail to hold the ticket. While this is not something that can be adjusted through the Register, depending on your printer you may be able to adjust that right from your printer settings themselves. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Chiming in here to say how helpful it would be to be able to make adjustments to ticket appearances. Particularly "to go" orders are very easy to miss during a busy service. It's been five years of Square users making this request!

Message 43 of 49

Im jumping in here too. It's kind of crazy that this has been a topic of conversation for 6 years and Square hasn't added this level of customizability. SQUARE PLEASE READ THIS. We need to be able to customize the order ticket printing layout and color

Message 44 of 49

After thoroughly reading the entire thread, I too share the interest in customizing the layout of our receipts and kitchen tickets. Considering that Microsoft Word has been available since 1983, it seems reasonable to expect a relatively simple solution. All we really need is a flexible word processor that allows for editing.

This matter is significant for us because we currently face difficulties with customers signing on their tickets due to the absence of a signature line. Acquiring this capability would enable us to mitigate chargebacks, which is another concern we encounter when using Square.

Message 45 of 49

Hi Square team, can you please share if there are any plans to update our ability to edit the layout of tickets? Recently, the tickets that come through DoorDash, Online, and our kiosk are formatted VERY poorly when they are printed by our Kitchen printer in the back (tickets from In Store purchases were unchanged). There is almost no space between each item on the ticket, making it very difficult to read. Can you please share why the format on these tickets have changed? And when we will be able to edit our own tickets? Thank you!

Message 46 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Angie12,

Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this feature request at the moment. I understand how frustrating this would be, and want to push this a bit further with our team. Can you attach some photos of the tickets you're printing? 

Message 47 of 49

I am getting an error saying "You do not have permission to upload images." Can you please let me know what steps are needed to upload? I am equally happy to send a pic directly to you. Thank you.

Message 48 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Angie12 stepping in for Arie real quick, our community team has confirmed this should be resolved. Can you upload a picture now? 

Message 49 of 49