x

Is there a way to place a future order for pickup on the pos?

We sell some itesm, like cake, that people like to order and then pickup at later date.  In the pos is there a way to schedule a future pick up for the item?

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @RS4-

There currently isn't a way to originate/create orders from the standard POS. You could create an open ticket, but you'll have to let your customer know when the cake is ready manually. 

Unless you have Square for Retail, then you can create orders, but it's mainly for retail businesses. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Square

Hi - I'm a software engineer at Square.  Looking into this for POS and Restaurants.

Kevin

Message 22 of 25

Please, while you're looking into it, sort out the problem with order exports (see my message above), and the inability to view/export orders taken on the POS. Since their are no order reports, just the export option only available via online view, not dashboard view,  POS orders can't be exported. There is no way to create a report that includes POS entered orders

Message 23 of 25
Beta Member

Another useful item I've suggested is the ability to print off invoice to a thermal receipt printer. That way future orders that will be paid at pickup could simply be taken by an employee, then the invoice printed off and handed to a customer and a restaurant employee could keep a paper copy as well as a digital record of the order would be held in the invoices section. All I want is a print button for invoices at the POS register because that is where the orders are taken. Shouldn't be that difficult to add that print to receipt printer button into the POS programming for invoices for future orders that will be paid at pickup.

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @neil4,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for a great suggestion. 

Please feel free also to share your suggestions in our Ideate Room here. Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 25 of 25