x
Super Seller

Issue vouchers for a partnership

Hi all, 

I wanted to ask for ideas on how to issue redeemable vouchers for a community event. 

I am trying to partner up with a group which wants to give redeemable vouchers to their community, so that they can come to my coffee shop for a free beverage. The group will pay for the vouchers and they will be in charge of the distribution of these. 

Any ideas on how to implement this on square? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @cupzcoffeeaz

Thank you for reaching out! This is such a great idea, but right now Square does not have a redeemable vouchers feature. You could use egift cards which are free. If you don't want to charge the group for the amount that is loaded onto the egift card you would have to create a discount of 100% and then apply it at the time of sale, it would then zero out the transaction. They would then email the gift cards to themselves. At that point you have a few options, you can just forward the gift card and email them. Or you can print out from the email the QR Code or barcode with the gift card number they can use when they come in to redeem the drink. I hope this made sense, I know that was a lot of information so if you need me to clarify anything let me know. 

Message 2 of 2