x

Mailchimp and Square Products. How to customize order confirmation email?

When someone orders a product from my mailchimp landing page (that is synced with my square account), where is the email sent from? Is it sent from Square, or mailchimp? I would like to customize the email based on the product they ordered. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @knockoutspgh!

I was able to google your question and found a relevant article here about customizing your email notifications on MailChimp

Hope this helps!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

@ashc ,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that link only is as it relates to Mailchimp.

I am specifically looking for what the process looks like when someone orders a square product, from a MailChimp landing page. 

Does Mailchimp send the confirmation email? Does Square? 

Mailchimp is telling me square does. But I can't find any documentation. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hi @knockoutspgh! I'm jumping in for @ashc today. 

I can confirm that Square sends a receipt to your customers when they make a purchase, even through a MailChimp landing page.

But do you have a specific email confirmation set to go out to your customers, or are you just referring to the receipt?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 7

No, there is an automatic email that gets sent, (even if you haven't set one up in mailchimp) after someone makes a purchase via your landing page (payment block synced with square). I purchased something from my own landing page to see how the process looks, and the email *is* sent by mailchimp (noreply@mailchimp.com).
But where the heck does it live?

I know for a fact that square isn't somehow sending it because when you go to their email section, their email templates look entirely different to the one that gets sent.

We are simply looking for a way to edit this email.

Since it's automatically being sent, I've tried going to

automations > my journeys

and there is *no* journey there. 

I've tried going to 

automations > explore > e-commerce: get more out of your receipts

But then they ask you to *enable* order notifications. As if they don't already exist... but they do! Otherwise that email we are trying to edit wouldn't be sending in the first place? 

I decided to enable it anyway, and I found the exact email template that is being sent automatically, under the 'confirmation email template', so I edited it and connected it to my audience. And then I tried purchasing something again from my landing page to check if it has infact, been edited. But no, the original email sent again, and the email I edited, even though its enabled, never sent. I guess they're two seperate emails?

This is beyond frustrating. Please tell us how to simply edit the email. 

Message 5 of 7

Is there a way to edit the confirmation page when someone purchases something from my "online checkout" items? I am not using an online store, just the checkout pages and linking those pages to my Mailchimp landing page. Unfortunately square does not automatically link to my Mailchimp audience so my customers are not being added into my audience list to receive their welcome emails. This is a huge problem for my online business.

I was thinking about trying to add a comment on the confirmation page after their purchase with a link returning them to my website for them to enter in their email and ensure they are receiving the emails for the course they are purchasing. Is this possible??

BTW, I am stating for the record that I think it is ridiculous that square is not set up to automatically do this and it is discouraging me from using Square as my payment platform. I don't have the money to invest in e-commerce which is why I am trying to use Square as my payment platform but it is useless to me if my customers are not being linked to my Mailchimp account and automatically added into my campaign email list. There is no reason for me to be using square if that is the case. Plus, I have wasted 3 whole days trying to figure all this out and dealing with customer support to find out that square is not set up to do this when I was given the impression it would be when I read that square would integrate with mailchimp. Yes, I made assumptions but what else would I assume by that phrasing. There really needs to be more clarification on what "integration" means and a disclaimer that square does not automatically add your customers to your mailchimp audience associated with the purchase. I would have saved myself days of trying to troubleshoot this mess and would have tried something better for my online business than dealing with all this half-ass technological BS.  Sorry for the frustration but I am beyond annoyed with all this and about to give up on my dreams of teaching online because I can not figure out how to link my course purchases to my mailchimp campaigns so I can start delivering emails to my customers.

Please help!!

Message 6 of 7
Admin

I'm really sorry this has been a discouraging experience for you @candicebrunling

While there isn't a way to edit the text on the confirmation page that immediately follows the purchase, another option could be to edit the email confirmation or receipt that is sent to your customers following a purchase. I moved your post here for other relevant answers.

Again, very sorry this has been a frustrating experience for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7