x

Marketing coupons applied to customer account allowing multiple redemptions

Sorry for the long title. I’d like to create a customer group for our employees and send them a coupon that would link to their account, be restricted to certain item categories, and allow for multiple redemptions up to the coupon value. For example, employee is provided with $50 coupon and can redeem $50 in one transaction or $10 each 5 times for category “x” only. I’d want to be able to set the expiration date of the coupon. I think all functionality for what I’m looking for exists aside from the multiple redemptions thing—it looks like if a coupon for, say, $15 is used for a $1 transaction, it can’t be used again for anything. Is that right? If so, feature request! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@nossapdx Thanks for your post and for the detailed title! 

So you can create a marketing coupon that can only be applied to certain items or categories, and you can set the expiration date. However there isn't a way to set a rule that allows someone to redeem a transaction in a particular way (e.g. $10 per transaction up to 5 times) and it's not possible to limit how many times a coupon can be redeemed (but you can monitor your campaign and redemptions closely). 

Have you considered giving your employees the chance to earn an eGift Card instead (maybe for a lower amount)? The disadvange would be that you can't restrict what the eGift Card can be spent on (like items/categories) but employees could spend the funds in $10s/$1s as they need to and you wouldn't need to remember to change the expiration date! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the response.  Yeah, we have tried that, but the management of issuing gift cards to employees was too cumbersome (checking current balance to "top-up" properly, one at a time issuance) for that to work.  Hopefully the marketing coupon functionality continues to expand and this option is included soon!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Gotcha! We're always woking to improve Square Marketing - keep in touch for updates! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4