x

Opening the cash drawer via "No Sale" Exploit?

I had a server show me that they can pop open the cash register by opening a a new table... order nothing... and hit charge and it pops open the cash drawer, but it leaves a time stamp of the table number and "No Sale" on the list of transactions.

Why are they allowed to open the cash drawer this way?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Are you using employee management? If you're not the system defaults to 100% availablity to everyone on the register.

If you are using employee management, it sounds like there's a setting not quite correct in your employee permissions.

On your dashboard, go to Employees->Permissions. Look for the job code you've set up for your team, and uncheck where it says "Manage and Open Drawers."

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Are you using employee management? If you're not the system defaults to 100% availablity to everyone on the register.

If you are using employee management, it sounds like there's a setting not quite correct in your employee permissions.

On your dashboard, go to Employees->Permissions. Look for the job code you've set up for your team, and uncheck where it says "Manage and Open Drawers."

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

Following those steps will the employees be allowed to start and end a drawer for their shift?  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Pattipopcorn The roles and permissions won't impact their ability to start and end a cash drawer session within the Cash Drawer Management feature. 

This would only restrict the ability to open the Cash Drawer itself. 

Message 4 of 4