x

Pay contractors tips

We just switched to square.  In our salon, all the booth renters check out their customers using square and their pin codes.  They are all 1099.  When someone tips then we chose to pay tips directly.  The problem is we are running payroll for the first time and no tips show up for 1099 contractors.  The salon owner is w-2 and her tips show up.  How do we get the tips to show up on the payroll run for the 1099 contractors?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @trainingday1,

We see its your first post in the Seller Community, welcome!😊

For payroll specific questions, we encourage you to reach out to the payroll team directly

6am-6pm PST / 8am-8pm CST / 9am-9pm ET, Monday - Friday, as the answers vary widely according to 

your state of residence. 

If this Payroll fact doc from the Support site does not help, please contact the payroll team here: 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I have the same problem.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @livelovely,

I am sorry you are having issues paying contractor tips as well. I did get more insight on this and if you have TM+ you can use sales tracking to track who took the transactions and should receive the tip, and you can pay out those tips when you submit their payroll run each pay period, the only thing is that there is no column that says "tips" when submitting a contractor payroll run - there is only the column titled Amount. What you will need to do is track those sales and tips, and then when submitting payroll you will need to manually type in the amount the person (booth renter) is owed.

I hope this helps! If you do have any more payroll questions I recommend contacting the team at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. Otherwise, if you need anything else let me know. 

Message 4 of 4