x

Question on Register mount and customer display

So I ordered a couple of the new Registers today, but in watching the how-to videos I became confused about something. 

The customer display is removed from register by releasing a latch on the bottom of the register, correct? But in the Mounting video, the narrator clearly says that the register cannot be removed from the mount once snapped into place. That can't be correct, or can it? If this is the case, you'd essentially be locked into using the customer display in whatever way you initially set it up, and never be able to switch it? I must be missing something, but I can't find any reference to this in the FAQs and such. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @kaffehaus! Do you serve German Coffee?

This is a great question! The latch to release the Customer Display is on the bottom of Square Register, and when it's locked into the mounting plate you can't access it. But you can remove the register from the mounting plate in two steps, just turn the screen 90 degrees and it will slide out! This Support Center Article on how to Set Up Square Register describes how to lock the display in place. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! I would be happy to help out. 

Message 2 of 2