x

Reporting (sales and square payments)

Hello all

I have tried reaching out to support on this but still awaiting a reply, so I thought I would try here.

I sell/book courses for my creative workshop using Square Online mostly (95% online and maybe 5% on premise). All my items/events/courses are set up in Online and not the traditional route of items in my normal square dashboard (in case it makes a difference).

I need to pull a report monthly for my accountant which shows two things (multiple reports are **bleep**umed for this):
1. a report which shows my sales for the month, individually and not by course specifically eg. Customer A bought 3 courses in one transaction for 100 on X date and on Y date Customer B bought one course. I know this might be a simple report, but I cant find something suitable and easy to read once exported...
2. a transaction report for the month which shows the transactions as listed in 1 above, but shows the total, the commision and how much was deposited for what? (hopefully on a transactional level.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Hadieda, just want to step in for @Ria for a moment here! 

From reading your initial post, I'd recommend exporting the Transactions CSV file from your Square Dashboard. This would give him a breakdown of when a transaction happened, customer details, fees, taxes, and item purchased. You can find more reporting options available with Square here.

We also have a Transfer Report which you can view from Balance > Overview > View all transfers. If you click into each day, you'll see a breakdown of how much was processed, the fees and the amount that was deposited.

I hope this will help. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Hadieda - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers. At this time Square does not offer a report that will reflect that data in those specific way. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

Before moving, I will allow other sellers to chime in with workarounds.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to **bleep**ist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Please do

Is there nothing similar to this eg. monthly report of transactions (not the products in the transactions) and some payment breakdown?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Hadieda, just want to step in for @Ria for a moment here! 

From reading your initial post, I'd recommend exporting the Transactions CSV file from your Square Dashboard. This would give him a breakdown of when a transaction happened, customer details, fees, taxes, and item purchased. You can find more reporting options available with Square here.

We also have a Transfer Report which you can view from Balance > Overview > View all transfers. If you click into each day, you'll see a breakdown of how much was processed, the fees and the amount that was deposited.

I hope this will help. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4