x

Shipping from multiple locations

If I have multiple stores with different inventory, how can I enable shipping? 

Currently, only the main store Address is the shipping address. However, if I do not have a specific product at store A, but it is in stock at store B, I would want to ship from store B. I do not want to have collect items all at store A to ship.

Can there please be functionality to have each location use their address for shipping?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

Is there a possibility your able to have someone maybe one of your senior staff and or personnel who can register under location B and the main store being A , then just account for both locations until either the feature is in place to meet your request? I see your situation being that your company is growing this might be an area that need be addressed given a business would seek to remain with a company theyre accustomed to. I see this situation as also a dropshipping company might face as well which furthers that this might be an area where one can just select a drop down option for storage or multiple locationed business, and at most i see just a simple verification letter or something similar if even that as a proof of ownership? I'm not entirely sure my friend, but Yoy raise a valid point. I'll look around and get back to you if I can find a solution. Just gotta finish cutting the yard real quick before it rains 

Never stop learning! Knowledge,wisdom, experience comes to those who are destined for greatness. Be bold and never give up! ~Freakinkat
Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hi @nataliemorse- Thanks for bringing this up! I can definitely pass this feedback along to the Product team. They'll continue to collect feedback from others who voice the want for it as well. If we ever hear of any development, we'll update the Community.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 8

@nika 

Second this request!

Especially since the Square Online store doesn't allow to ship an order if the items in the shopping bag have different fulfillment types. Exactly like the example that @nataliemorse gave, I have different stock in different locations.

Also, if a customer has items in their shopping bag with different fulfillment types (pickup and shipping), they cannot checkout. Is there a way for a customer to complete their purchase and have their items picked up AND shipped in the same transaction? The reason why an item defaults to pickup instead of shipping, is that the item is not in stock at the main shipping address and only available at another location.

Message 4 of 8

Would like this as well! Our two brick and mortar stores are only half an hour away from each other but have different stock and would very much like to be able to ship everything we have in stock across both locations. It has been incredibly frustrating not being able to do this and is causing issues in our online store.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

I also second this! It seems very counter intuitive to offer pick from multiple locations, delivery from multiple locations, and inventory sharing from multiple locations but NOT shipping? Because I have to move all my inventory over to Store A, in order to make it eligible for shipping. Store B has zero inventory MEANING I cannot use the pick up, delivery or inventory share functions. Not being able to ship from both locations literally forces me to rearrange my entire way of managing my stores and does not allow me to use square to its full potential. This is a really BIG problem. I’ve reached out to square. They currently have no work around. I’ve been forced to start investigating other providers to see if they offer a solution.

Message 6 of 8

I would like to know when this feature will become available if ever?!

I have spoken to representatives on the phone about this about 6 months ago. The current setup is confusing to customers and has led to orders not being placed. 

This is obviously an important issue for others as well. 

Please help.

We get updates all the time on things that don’t matter. Like the one from today, a new look for Square Team App. That’s not making Square or us any money. 

More online orders means more money for everyone involved here. Prioritize, please. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @SCMBGS I appreciate you reaching out and checking on this request. In an effort to streamline and track feature requests better I suggest reaching out to our Ideate board, our new process of tracking feature requests. Our team will be able to track and provide updates on the request there. I know this isn't easy waiting for something to be built out and greatly appreciate your patience while our team continues to look into this request. 

Message 8 of 8