x

Square Feedback: Can you share customer feedback on social media?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Is it possible to share positive Customer Feedback on social media?”. 

Does anyone know if I can share Square Customer Feedback on Facebook?

Message 1 of 24
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square Feedback: Can you share customer feedback on social media?

At this time this is still a feature request, though I can definitely see that this could be useful to you and your business. 

There are many review-based sites that are public, but Square Customer Feedback is specifically intended to be private as a way for you to collect all types of feedback from your customers.

Square Customer Feedback is intended to provide you with a direct line of contact with your customers. The point is to allow you to resolve any issues (both positive and negative) directly with your customers and collect feedback about the experience they have with your business - think of it as your very own customer support center. Your customers can choose to allow you to respond to their comments - when you receive an awesome comment, feel free to reach out and prompt them to post in a more public forum. You could also ask them if you can share is as a testimonial on your website or marketing materials. 

Since Customer Engagement is private and we don't currently have a timeline for changing this, you can encourage your customers to leave you feedback through public forums, that way you get the feedback in a way the is most useful for you and your business. 

23 REPLIES 23
Square

I can definitely see how this could be a useful feature! It's always exciting to share positive feedback from customers. While we don't currently have an automated way to do this, you could consider posting a screenshot from your Dashboard on Facebook. 

I'll be sure to pass along this suggestion to our Product Team! 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 24

I handle all of our feedback and I wouldn't want it automated but I would like it if there was a way to ask the customer if they want it shared. If they mark that they wouldn't mind it being shared I could push it to our other public posting site.

Judy

Message 3 of 24

SQUARE!!! So you mean to tell me that over a year ago this still hasn't been made available? We have so many customers that have given positive reviews that cannot be viewed publicly? What's the point of having them? (!!)

Message 4 of 24
Alumni

At this time this is still a feature request, though I can definitely see that this could be useful to you and your business. 

There are many review-based sites that are public, but Square Customer Feedback is specifically intended to be private as a way for you to collect all types of feedback from your customers.

Square Customer Feedback is intended to provide you with a direct line of contact with your customers. The point is to allow you to resolve any issues (both positive and negative) directly with your customers and collect feedback about the experience they have with your business - think of it as your very own customer support center. Your customers can choose to allow you to respond to their comments - when you receive an awesome comment, feel free to reach out and prompt them to post in a more public forum. You could also ask them if you can share is as a testimonial on your website or marketing materials. 

Since Customer Engagement is private and we don't currently have a timeline for changing this, you can encourage your customers to leave you feedback through public forums, that way you get the feedback in a way the is most useful for you and your business. 

Message 5 of 24

Honestly this response baffles me. I'm refraining from being enraged. I'm not trying to be your average angry customer about it. From what I understand Square pursues customers over and over and over for them to give feedback about a business that they just purchased from. I have so much positive feedback that my customers went out of their way thinking that it was public information just like everyone else in the industry that's getting electronic feedback. So my customers basically wasted their time and I have hundreds of reviews that a stranger cannot see for me to get new business. I'm not trying to be conceited but as a business owner I already know I'm good! I believe in my product otherwise I wouldn't do what I'm doing. It's the world that needs to know this. So I uselessly have hundreds of positive feedback just for me. How that makes sense to square I have no idea! It seems to me that if square is trying to think in terms of helping actual businesses that this is something that is way more important than how reports are made or how invoices are made. This is actual money! This is so valuable. This should be high priority. Why doesn't Square get that? Why did Square create this. Square is not making it very clear to the customer that this is only for private viewing. It seems like Square really went out of their way to store all this information but it just doesn't mean anything to me at least.

Message 6 of 24
Alumni

Hey @alligatorrose - I am really sorry that you were looking for something different in this feature. I think it's awesome that you feel so great about your business. That is how I think every business owner should feel. No wonder you want to share this feedback with everyone you can! Honestly, I would feel the exact same way. 

If you want to learn more about what the Customer Feedback feature does, visit the Customer Feedback page

Message 7 of 24

It really would be great to be able to share the review on Facebook.  🙂

Message 8 of 24

That's the thing is Square IS my website!

Message 9 of 24
Alumni

You can definitely add a section to your Square Online Store titled Testimonials (or something clever). In this section you can input some quotes from the outstanding feedback you've received (make sure to ask your customers if they're ok with their feedback being shared publicly). 👍

Message 10 of 24

Not helpful. Problem is customers take time, thinking they're helping us with a public review. Make it clear it isn't public please.

Message 11 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TacomaLampRepai - thanks for adding your voice here.

I'm tagging our Product Teams in this thread so that they can receive your feedback.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to make the Customer Feedback feature more broad and accessible.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 24

I couldn't agree with you more!  It is very disappointing that SQUARE doest not take this seriously nor as a high priority to show that they care about their customers -- us!  I do find their well crafted general response to inquiries about this problem somewhat entertaining.  They say "we don't care - we're not doing it - so deal with it" in such an eloquent way. 

On the bright side, we can at least turn this "FEATURE" (I really couldn't say that with a straight face).....OFF.  Go to your dasboard click on customers,then settings. Slide the toggle to OFF and SAVE it!  Good luck.

Well wishes and continued success to you all.

Message 13 of 24
Super Seller

I definitely want this; your official reply said this was a 'Feature Request' - but the link just went to that forum in general.  Is there a thread on this topic already?  Upvote!!  

I have been getting a fair number of good responses and it would be wonderful to have some method of showing that somewhere. 

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 14 of 24
Admin

Hey @Michael_L! We're still tracking this feature request in this thread here (in this thread) and we'll add your vote. Thanks for letting us know this is important to you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 24

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Is there a way to share the reviews I get from customers via Square to my business Facebook page?”. The original author has been notified via email.

I've gotten some nice reviews that customers sent me on Square.  Trying to figure out how I can share those to my business Facebook page?  

Message 16 of 24
Super Seller Alumni

None that I know of except if you copy and paste. 

Message 17 of 24
Admin

Thanks for your post @JanCR!

As @Ron replied, there isn't a way to share your feedback on Facebook or other social media at this time other than using copy/paste, posting a screenshot or using another workaround. 

We are actively tracking this feature request so I went ahead and moved your post to this thread. That way you'll get any updates about this automatically! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 24

How can our customers leave reviews fir other customers to view before booking

Message 19 of 24
Admin

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How can our customers leave a review for other customers to read before they book

Hey @Kendalldorsey1 The feedback/reviews shared by your customers are currently only visible to you. I've added your post to this thread so you can see the workarounds that other sellers have shared! I'll share your request with the Feedback team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 24

In my opinion I would rather customer review our business on social media *including google* I don’t think I need private feedback there are so many companies are doing this what you can send a link via text message or email for a social media review or google review I think square is very big and I think he can cut them all and I would definitely definitely love to pay square for this great awesome service please Square do it thank you 

Message 21 of 24