x
Beta Member

Square KDS - Is it possible to allow different categories to show for in store & online orders ?

Hi 

We currently use Fresh KDS to display orders in our kitchen. With Fresh KDS we have set what categories need to be sent to the screens when using the till in store, however when an online order comes through we have it set up so all categories show on the screens so kitchen staff can make the staff at the front of the store aware if any retail products need to be added to an online order which has came through. - This setting became available to us when square did the last update on the printer settings which allowed you to have different settings for instore & online orders.

Is it possible to set up Square KDS like this ? I've been trying to see if it's possible but had no luck.

Thanks

MJAYS

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @MJAYS, thanks for your post! I had a look around on my end and the only thing I can find is that categories for Square Online site items are completely separate from categories, so you'll need to create new categories for them before enable them to show on KDS (more information on this guide under Selecting Items to Display). 

I'm not too sure on whether it's possible to have separate settings for in-store and online orders with KDS right now, but I've reached out to our product team to get some information and will follow up here when I know more!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Admin

I had a chat with our Restaurants team and it looks like this is a feature request right now, but there are some settings the team want to highlight that may help @MJAYS.

At the moment, you can configure your KDS so only certain categories or items will be shown, and you can also choose whether the KDS show just in-house orders, just online orders or both. 

It sounds like you may have tried the settings and it didn't do the job, so I also want to get a better idea of what the ideal flow would be for you: is it so that if an in-house order comes in, the kitchen won't see retail items but if an online order comes in, the kitchen will see both foods and retail items. 

If you don't mind, can you send me a direct message with an example of your current setup on Fresh KDS? I'd love to share it across with them team so they have a better idea!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 3