x

Square for Restaurants: How do I disable printing the itemized "purchase receipt" for transactions?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Disable printing the itemized "purchase receipt" when charging card]

Is there a way to turn off auto printing of the itemized "purchase receipt" in Square for Restaurants? We print an itemized bill to give to the customer. After we charge their card it prints the authorization slip to be signed plus a new copy of the itemized receipt (which we don't need).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @jkennard!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

To disable the authorization slip/receipt, please go to your Online Dashboard. From your Dashboard, please follow these steps:

1. Head to Home > Points of Sale > Devices.
2. Create a new device code or click the three horizontal dots next to your existing device > Edit.
3. Under the Signature and Receipt settings, you can edit "Include Itemization on Auth Slips".

Keep in mind, settings are specific to each device, so you’ll want to make sure you have all of your preferred settings enabled for each device.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this by replying back in this thread! 😊

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 7

I actually do want to continue to print the authorization slip.  But when it prints the auth slip it also prints a new (separate) copy of the itemized receipt. The customer has already received the itemized receipt (before they give us their credit card to charge)...so the additional itemized receipt that prints when we charge the card is not needed. That's what we are looking to turn off/disable.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying that for us, @jkennard. I can step in for Isabelle, here.

I tested this out on using our in-house setup, and I do see the extra copy of the itemized receipt which prints with the authorization slip. It looks like, as of now, the option to disable this 2nd receipt would be considered a Feature Request. I will work with Isabelle to make sure that this feedback gets passed along to our Product Team for Restaurants.

Thanks for your patience here! I think this option would be a great addition to receipt efficiency. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Has there been any progress on this? I have an iPad pro running Restaurants Pro and it didn't use to print the second itemized receipt until I started using Restaurants with my Square stand with a different iPad. Now after printing the authorization slips it prints a 2nd itemized receipt from both iPads.

Message 5 of 7

Any update on this? We were able to disable this on regular square, but since switching to square for restaurants we have been unable to turn this third receipt off.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @blacklanternvt, No available updates as of today. We will make sure to post any updates here in our Seller Community as they come available. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 7