x

Square register how do I print consecutive receipt numbers

Hi,

I'm using square register for tracking sales in my business in Mexico, one of the law requirements is for the printed receipt to include a consecutive receipt number, I don't see how can I customize my receipt for this.

Basically I just want to add a custom attribute to the receipt like "Receipt Number: 00001" and for it to automatically increase on every sale I make on my square register.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I agree, we need receipt numbers under so many tax and accounting regulations. Alpha receipts are not accepted accounting practices. Some of the receipts come up with words, instead of random letters. 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DeniseBastian - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can edit the receipt number on Dashboard but there isn't a way to automatically have consecutive numbers appear on the receipt, this would be a feature request

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Mayap

Is it possible to make the receipt number numeric? Doesnt matter to me if it is sequencial.

thanks

Denise

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DeniseBastian I apologize I tested this again and there isn't a way to edit the receipt number at all. This would be a feature request. I would recommend reaching out to the Ideate Board and providing your input there for our team to track. 

Message 5 of 5