x

The ability to add custom fields for customers to enter during checkout. And remove shipping address

We essentially dropship packages to a set number of locations. So we have zero need for a shipping address, just the name of the place its being shipped to, we would also like the ability to create custom fields for the information we actually require. We are getting around 10-30 calls a day from confused customers. We have directing them all to literally to put the letter a for first name, the letter a for last name, the letter a for address, the letter a for city, and then put a random state and a good zip code, and slowly directing them through the entire process, until they get to the note section to put in the relevant information. I have to call around 50 customers back, because they forgot to input certain information. Its a royal pain, and takes usually 3 hours up of our day. You allow custom fields for customers, why not checkout?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble @davidgleibs!

I'm not certain what kinds of information you are looking to collect, so I may be off-base with my suggestion here.

Would this tip by @Helen about utilizing the modifier functionality to collect specific information be helpful for your business?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

No it wouldn't. We send gift orders to dorms, so we have the address of the places we are sending too. We need essentially, the name of the person sending it, the person its going to, their room number and the name of the dorm. The customers get constantly confused, and don't know whether they should put their address or the dorms address. Neither is correct. We need just the name. If they are ordering 30 items and we make it required for every item, that is a lot of typing on their end. We need to be able to create our own checkout information fields. Asking for their email and phone number is great. But the Address part confuses everybody, because we don't need theirs or the destinations address. Because we are not sending it to the person who ordered, and we already have the locations address.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Unfortunately this isn't a functionality that is currently available, @davidgleibs.

I'll be sure to stop by with an update when our team has had the time to build out and support this feature!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4