x

Timecards: Can I use multiple job codes for employees ?

Wondering if it is possible to use multiple job codes for peolpe with square time management? For example, we have employees who will work as a waitress some days, and as kitchen help other days. Those are two different pay rates. Right now, I have to go into the time cards and add the hours to add up to the correct pay for when they work the higher pay rate job. I am wondering if it is possible to have them clock in and also say for which job they are working?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

No when you add a location it is almost like starting a new account just that it is all in one dashboard.  You will have to adjust your employee location settings so they can clock into both locations.  You can pull your timecard report by location or all locations.  Note you can still only enter one pay rate.  You will just have to calculate the other location at the correct payrate.  Homebase allows you to do this and it is only $30/month.   I am sure others will allow you to do this as well.

I have multiple locations but I don't have anyone that works in more than one.  

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

At this time that is not an option.  The only way I can think of to make it work is to create another location.  Have all waitresses clock in to one location and all kitchen staff clock in to the other.  This however would require another clockin station.

You may check out third party apps like homebase.  These work with Square but give you this functionality and more.  

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for the reply RHatch! I actually have 6 iPads, so I could set one up for that. Does that affect any of the rest of my POS settings?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

No when you add a location it is almost like starting a new account just that it is all in one dashboard.  You will have to adjust your employee location settings so they can clock into both locations.  You can pull your timecard report by location or all locations.  Note you can still only enter one pay rate.  You will just have to calculate the other location at the correct payrate.  Homebase allows you to do this and it is only $30/month.   I am sure others will allow you to do this as well.

I have multiple locations but I don't have anyone that works in more than one.  

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

i don't know if u received your answer but yes u can have different jobs and rates for one person. click add job and it will go thru it step for step

Message 5 of 5