x
Beta Member

Using passcodes removess clock symbol

I must be missing something; can anyone point me in the right direction?

We have been using the (free) Timecards feature for a while so all employees have allocated passcodes. For confidentiality reasons we wish to restrict some permissions so have set the team permissions correctly. This means that each employee needs to identify themselves and log in to the terminal using their passcode. I have set this and now the 'clock' symbol has been replaced by a 'Log In' button.  So far so good.

Now, when an employee logs in with their passcode the system detects that they are not clocked in and asks if they want to clock in.  Still all good. Now the button read 'Log Out' and employees can happily log in and out all day if they wish, although I have the timeout set to 'Never'. But how do I get an employee to clock out? When logging out they are not asked if they want to clock out as well and the clock symbol is no longer there.

I do not want to insist that they install the Square Team app on their personal devices. I must be missing something obvious. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @petersmith, thank you for reaching out!

If time tracking is turned on on the Terminal and the employee hasn't clock out, when they click Log Out [Employee's Name], it should bring up the passcode screen and the clock symbol should be visible at the top-right hand corner still.

ink (55).png

When the employee click into the clock symbol, it'll bring up a blue screen saying Clock in/out. Since they are still clocked in, when they enter their passcode here it'll direct them to clock out and end their shift. 

Image from iOS (21).jpg

ink (56).png

If this is now the flow employees are currently seeing, would you mind sending me a video showing the current behaviour in the Terminal? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

The blue passcode screen does come up when they log in if they are clocked out but not when they log out. Can't see how to attach video here, only images.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hmm, that does not sound like it's working as expected @petersmith. I've sent you a message there just to get some more information so I can have a further look into this and escalate to the engineering team if necessary. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4