x

Weekend vs Weekday Sales

It would be nice if I could see just weekday or just weekend sales trends separately in the Dashboard. Has anyone figured out a way to do this? If not, is there a place specifically to request features to be added to Square?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

@worldcup You can use the date selector to view weekends only, or weekdays only but you can't see them side by side at this time. 

Your post is already in the right place and I'll share your request with the Reporting team. If any other sellers would find this useful feel free to post below and let us know how this would be beneficial to you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 13

Yes! This is certainly needed. If you run a retail establishment you need to be able to see what sales and customer volumes are for weekends vs weekdays (or any days[s] vs any other day[s]). These almost always have completely different traffic flows and busy times. Any person running a retail establishement needs this and it is the most frustrating thing Square doeas not provide - almost enough to move to another service. My old POS system I could run reports such as "Sales by hour (select days of the week)" and run this report to see, for example, how busy my Fridays are compared to Mon-Thurs for the last 6 months, or see how the last year of Saturdays stacks up to Sundays in customer volume or sales. 

This information is *critical* to help us figure out staffing and supplies. It is a very basic feature provided on every other POS system I have used. Square really needs to do this.

Message 3 of 13

It would also be great be able to see sales and customer volume etc by hours of particular days - such as "how are my late nights on sundays over the last year performing"

Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

Hi Helen

Have there been any updates on day of the week reporting? I can't get over how many POS providers overlook this very important feature. It's such a need for daily production and preparation.  Please let me know - we'd be happy to help work with the developers to create an ideal report.

Thanks so much

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

It is possible to get the report that you want.  From your computer's Dashboard (not the mobile app), click on Reports, then Sales Summary (this may come up automatically as it's the top item in the menu bar), then set the date selector range to whatever period you're interested in.  Square gives you a day-by-day report of your sales in that range at the top, and summarizes those sales on a Sunday - Saturday basis below it.  See the report I generated for the past week for my business (I've edited out the amounts and a few other items to keep my info private).  If you need more detail, you can export the report to a .CSV file, then open it in your favorite spreadsheet program and filter the data however you want.

Sales Summary.jpg

Good luck.

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks Dale.... let me be more specific.  I want to see what I sell on average on every Monday. Versus every Thursday.  Over the last month, for example.  Throw in hours too and we're in heaven, but even daily, on a Monday, over a period of time on average would be ideal.  

This report seems to be something that most people don't understand, but in food service it's really important detail for us.

Message 7 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

If the report's important to you, that's good enough for me (does it have anything to do with the perishable nature of your product?)  I think if you were willing to do the spreadsheet work, you could figure out what you need to know.  What sort of time period are you looking at - monthly, quarterly, yearly,....?  The longer the period of time, the more spreadsheet work it would take, but I think you may be able to make a macro which would automate much of the work.

Edit - I'm going to have to take back much of what I wrote - I should have checked it out before posting it.  I went back and exported the data from the chart that was in my last post, and it does not contain information for the individual days - it's just a summary.  I'll continue to look for a way to get you your data and post back here if I find anything.  Note: using Sales Trends (the next item down) doesn't work either, and there's no way to export the data.

Judy T Shumway
Message 8 of 13

Agreed! It would also be very helpful to be able see data for a specific range of day-of-the-week (instead of just selecting a time range), over a given period of time (say a Month, Year, etc..), with the chart showing a breakdown and summary by the hour.

Thank you

Message 9 of 13

YES, please add the ability to view reports that show weekend sales. We only operate on the weekends and would like to compare the total for each weekend but you cannot set this anywhere and can only see them by the week so splits the weekend. all the customized reports are worthless for us on square. How can something so simple be so difficult? 

Message 10 of 13

Yes this would be so helpful! Saturdays are our busiest days, and I was just trying to use square to pull up all of our saturdays and get a report for which ones have been the most profitable. I'm disappointed to see that it is not possible. I would like the ability to search by a particular day and the further narrow it down to which of those were the most/least profitable.

Message 11 of 13

Like many people have said, the Sales Trend report needs to be more robust. As a retail location, we need this information and I don't have the time to mess with my own spreadsheet and pivot tables to figure these reports out. I would like to see the following, and I'm sure others have specific report ideas too:

• Daily Trends Over Time (e.g. trend line of all Mondays over selected period)
  • Hourly Trends Over Time (e.g. trend line of all hours during a specifically selected period... this period should also be able to isolate specific days of the week so that we could see how 3pm is trending on Mondays)
  • Week Over Week Trends (e.g. are weeks generally improving or declining)
  • Segment Over Segment Trend (e.g. two segments are selected and hour over hour trends are displayed. This would work for two different date spans or two different segments, such as Monday vs Thursdays or Weekdays vs Weekends)   
Message 12 of 13

Hi! Did customizing the sales and trend report as has been requested above go anywhere> I am in need of these badly. I need to compare daily trends, daily, week by week, etc. Every time I try to export the summary there is no data I can use. I don't seem to have the ability to export the trend report along with customizing it at all, which is incredibly frustrating. I am not computer literate enough to create spreadsheets like has been suggested.

Thank you,

Julian Bakery

Message 13 of 13