x

What strategy can I use to keep my Square POS inventory aligned with my Wix online store inventory?

I recently transferred my entire SquareSpace website for my business to Wix because the Square integration was fairly seamless and much more affordable via Wix. However, I just learned that even though you do have an option to track inventories on Wix, it doesn’t sync with the Square POS app.

For example, I have 100 products, I sell 10 on Wix: my Wix inventory says 90 and my Square inventory still says 100. What strategy do you give your customers for keeping these two inventories aligned? I am looking for any recommendation you can provide to make inventory management most efficient.

Also, are there any plans to build in a feature for the Square POS and Wix integration (via paid premium/ecommerce plans on Wix) that will allow inventories and items on both platforms to be synced? Please let me know.

I would appreciate any help or insight you can provide! This is my first ecommerce site and I’m eager to get up and running. I just want to make sure I’m running my site efficiently! Thank you for your help!! 🙂

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Wondering if you ever found an inventory work flow for Wix and Square?

I can't believe they are not integrated for inventory management. I totally thought they were --  would have never purchased a Wix site otherwise. 

Message 2 of 5

Ah, unfortunately no. The reason I switched from SquareSpace to Wix was because of the integration with Square as my POS. I’m a smaller scale producer so I track my inventory in Square, not Wix. It’s unfortunate that there’s no alignment.

I haven’t seen it come up as a new feature or even plans to beta test. We should write to Wix! I don’t understand why it’s not possible.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I ended up switching back to Square/Weebly as inventory integration is pretty crucial for my business.

Took several hours of time on the phone with their customer service, but Wix finally refunded my year site subscription I had paid for and I finally got the site pointing to the new Weebly site.

Best of luck!

Message 4 of 5

Oh that’s awesome!! Definitely sounds like you made the right move! I’ll be on Wix for now, until the company grows a bit further; then I can revamp my website and see what integrations are the best fit at that time. Wishing you all the best!

Message 5 of 5