x

Why does my Square Online Store say: This store is not yet accepting payments?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to accept payments?

Hi I Need help I set up my site but it’s giving me a message saying this store is not yet accepting payments

Message 1 of 86
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @Candleco - the This store is not yet accepting payments message typically appears when there is an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate error. SSL is enabled for you by default the first time you publish your website, so you shouldn't need to do anything extra here.

It does, however, take some time to get the SSL up and running on a custom domain name. If you do have a custom domain name, please note that it may take 24 to 48 hours before your site appears normally and securely when searching that domain in a browser. For more details, see our guide here.

If you're still running into a bit of trouble, please ensure that you have followed both Step 1 and Step 2 of this guide to connecting your domain to your Square Online website. Missing the second step is a common mistake I've seen again and again, and will definitely cause some issues.

Definitely reach back out here if you still have concerns - we're happy to take a deeper dive!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

Hi @Valentina, I started playing around with it and I got it to work. 

Thank you for checking in!! 

Message 64 of 86
Alumni

So glad to hear that, @JHari

Valentina
Message 65 of 86

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I set up my domain through weebly and my site continues to show "connection is not private".

In addition to this, my site states I'm not taking payments. Please assist with both issues.  I've waited longer than 48 hours since my last changes.  

Message 66 of 86
Beta Member

Have you installed an SSL certificate on the domain? This sounds like an SSL issue. I'm pretty sure they are required to process payments, etc.

Thomas

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 67 of 86
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where we linked our guide to enabling SSL, @lizcastillo. If it's been over 48 hours and you're still seeing this message, please get in touch with our Support team. They can take a closer look with you and work to get things working as they should!

Valentina
Message 68 of 86

When i try to use my GoDaddy domain and my square weebly site i keep getting a message that says your site cant be published.. not sure why

Message 69 of 86

My sight is also saying the same thing like all these other people. SMH, tf

Message 70 of 86

Why does my Square Online Store say: This store is not yet accepting payments?

How do you contact support..... I really really am bothered by this whole process being so user unfriendly. 

Message 71 of 86

HI, you can check a couple of settings that might help.  Online Dashboard, Settings, Checkout Accept online order toggle on and upper right Advanced Settings double check settings for your store. 

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 72 of 86

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Website Not accepting payments

Hey I'm completely computer illiterate. My website isnt "accepting payments" I need help. 

Message 73 of 86
Alumni

Sorry to hear about the troubles, @unique1884!

This message usually indicates that you missed a step when connecting your custom domain. I've moved your post into this thread where I provided some tips to help move you along here. If you're still running into trouble after following these steps and checking out the link with the full instructions will need to follow, please get in touch directly so our team can give you a hand.

Valentina
Message 74 of 86

I have that aswell please help me fix it my ssl is connected and it says accepting payments i also connected my card.

This is affecting my customers 

luxurajewels.square.site

Message 75 of 86

I am also going to be transferring my domain from godaddy but its not working

Message 76 of 86
Square Community Moderator

@LuxuraJewels Please refer to @Valentina's Best Answer on the first page for troubleshooting tips.

If you need further assistance from there after going through those steps, please contact our Square Online CS team directly here.

Ashley C
Message 77 of 86

Cette boutique n'accepte pas encore les paiements. 

English - This store does not yet accept payments. .... Why ?

Capture.JPGs encore les paiements.

Message 78 of 86

I added my domain that I purchased from Porkbun. It all linked okay but my site is no longer secure or taking payments. I have contacted support and there was a slight issue with a missing A pointer which I have fixed. However, it hasn’t made any difference. I haven’t been able to make any sales for the last 3 days and this was a crucial time for my business. Support told me I need to purchase a SSL certificate. Where can I get one from?

Message 79 of 86

I'm trying to connect my domain hosted by GoDaddy. They sorted the DNS for me but it's been 48 hrs and each time I try to verify my domain it says 'something went wrong'.

Any ideas?

I've cleared cache on browser. At this point I'm not sure if problem is square or GoDaddy.

Thanks

Message 80 of 86
Beta Member

My website was already working fine and now all of the sudden I'm getting that same error message. I thought maybe my annual payment was not billed automatically, so I clicked and paid ($6/month billed annually). I'm waiting to see if that works and puts it back in operation again. so far, it has not budged and still says

"This store is not yet accepting payments."

Furthermore, why does it says my website is not secure?

Message 81 of 86

Thanks for posting, @seagirlrun

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your website. It sounds like the SSL is not working properly which would explain the error you see. 

Can you try the following: 

1. From the Square Online dashboard, click on Website > Site Preferences then scroll down to the bottom of the page to unpublish the site. 

2. Next, click on Website > Edit Site then republish the website. 

This should trigger the SSL to reconfigure. Once the site is secure you will see the option to add the items to cart for checkout. 

Please let me know if you still see the error after completing these steps. 

Message 82 of 86

My dashboard shows I’m accepting orders , but my website isn’t allowing customers to buy anything. It says “this site is not yet accepting payments” I also checked my payment settings and it shows we accept cards, Apple Pay and google pay.

Message 83 of 86

Thanks for reaching out, @joshfallon

I have moved your post over to this thread where other sellers are discussing a similar issue. Please check out Valentina's pinned answer at the top for troubleshooting steps. 

I believe you may have already sorted this out, but if not, please post a link to your site so we can take a closer look. Thanks! 

Message 84 of 86