x

Why does my Square Online Store say: This store is not yet accepting payments?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to accept payments?

Hi I Need help I set up my site but it’s giving me a message saying this store is not yet accepting payments

Message 1 of 86
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @Candleco - the This store is not yet accepting payments message typically appears when there is an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate error. SSL is enabled for you by default the first time you publish your website, so you shouldn't need to do anything extra here.

It does, however, take some time to get the SSL up and running on a custom domain name. If you do have a custom domain name, please note that it may take 24 to 48 hours before your site appears normally and securely when searching that domain in a browser. For more details, see our guide here.

If you're still running into a bit of trouble, please ensure that you have followed both Step 1 and Step 2 of this guide to connecting your domain to your Square Online website. Missing the second step is a common mistake I've seen again and again, and will definitely cause some issues.

Definitely reach back out here if you still have concerns - we're happy to take a deeper dive!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

You need to turn your switch on to accept payments. The switch can turn on or off for payment accepting. 

Caretha L Russell
Message 85 of 86

You need to turn on the switch. Accepting payment switch can be turned on and off from your website. 

Caretha L Russell
Message 86 of 86