x
Highlighted

Why isn't the Tax applied to the Total on the online store?

I've entered my tax info into the settings and the taxes are showing up on my checkout page, but they are not applying to the customer's total. Does anyone know how to correct that?tax question.JPGtax.JPG

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: The taxes are not being calculated into the order total

Best Answer

Hey @EvolveKelly-

Please uncheck the “taxes are included in item prices” option within Online Store > Settings > Taxes. This should resolve your issue:

I know it's confusing, but it’s basically showing the item with tax as part of the total then “explaining” how much of the item price is tax. I hope this resolves your issue! Let me know if not. 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Why isn't the Tax applied to the Total on the online store?

Hey @hwhittle-

Are you referring to taxes not being applied to shipping costs? If so, please go to Online Store > Settings > Taxes, and then scroll down to ensure the following is checked off:

Does that resolve your issue? Let me know! 👀

Message 2 of 18
Highlighted

No, I’ve checked all of those boxes. The taxes are showing up on the checkout screen but the total due is not correct. In the example I posted

$35 -product 

$7 - shipping

$3.20 - taxes

The total due is showing $42 (product & shipping), but the total should be $45.20 (product, shipping & taxes).

Message 3 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @hwhittle-

That doesn't sound right. Please give us a call so we can look into this and make it right. I'd hate for you to lose out on any further taxes from these orders. 

Let us know if they're able to find a solution for you, or identify the issue. This information may be useful to any other seller who comes across the same error. Thanks for your time! 🌟

Message 4 of 18
Highlighted

Order Total is not adding taxes

Hello,

I am trying to setup my square store and in the process of testing, I notice that the order total does not include taxes. Am I missing something?

Please see attached screenshot.

ThanksCheckoutError.jpg

Message 5 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Order Total is not adding taxes

Hey @LaudShawarma

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Hmmm. How are your Tax Calculations set up? Do you have your tax included in item price or separate?

That may be impacting the appearance of receipts and taxes. 

Message 6 of 18
Highlighted

Thanks Isabelle,

I have double checked. I am using the 6% taxes for MD.

Here is a screenshot:TaxSetuo.jpg

Message 7 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @LaudShawarma-

Thanks for your reply. Can you take a look at my first reply in this thread and ensure that your settings are not to include tax in item price? 

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

Hello Isabelle,

Thank you for your help.

In your response to this thread, you asked the individual to give you a call.

I have tried everything on the thread, checked all my taxes and made sure the items are not tax exempt.

I have verified every single item. The taxes is not adding to the total amount. Exact same issues the other person on the thread was having.

Did you want me to call as well?

Thanks

Message 9 of 18
Highlighted

The taxes are not being calculated into the order total

When a person purchases an item on my website the taxes are not being added to the Order Total. The Taxes are being calculated and displayed under the subtotal, however, the taxes are not being added to the Order Total or being charged to the client when they checkout.

Square Order Summary.png

Message 10 of 18