x

checkout permissions

I want to set up our new square system so that our associates have full access to whatever they need on the register, but I want to make it so that they can only add items to inventory or view reports on their browser-based dashboard.  

I'm having trouble making that happen.  When I turn off as much as I can of the permissions list, they still have the ability to issue refunds, to create tax rules, to buy gift cards, to create discounts, to process sales through the checkout...so many things I would prefer to turn off.

I sure hope someone can help me with this, because the Square help chat has been unhelpful.  Which seems to be something of a pattern.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ArtWorksGalley - Thank you for stopping by the community for the first time, it's always nice to see a new face 🙂

There is a way to edit the permission set and control what each team member can do.

Here are the steps:

• Login to Square Dashboard
  • Click on Teams
  • Go to Permissions
  • Enable Team Permissions
  • Customize the set of permissions

Let me  know if this helps 🙂 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

The way I was able to accomplish this was to provide my team members with the square access code for the POS and then create permissions for them there, and then create separate users that are just inventory and reports.  Provide team members with the login for that/those user(s).  Then when they are at the POS, they have their access code and all of the functions that you made available to the permission set for those users, and then the only access they will have on the main square dashboard would be for inventory and reports.

It would be nice if POS and dashboard access controls could be independently toggled on or off for a given permission set.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Cheryl.  That is the conclusion I'm coming to--use the owner passcode at the register, where they need all the functions, but limited access on the dashboard to avoid trouble.  I have also turned off mobile access, because I fear that they might use the wrong account at a show!   I'll be interested in feedback--I am installing on the 31st and would prefer not to learn the hard way!

Message 4 of 4