x

sell one ebook download

I would like to sell an eBook on my Weebly website. Ideally this would be a link from my website to my square account to pay and download the book.  I don't really want to set up a whole online store for one thing. Is this possible? 

I have tried to create a link through online check out / sell an item.  However, I have the item created in my items library, but don't have the option to change the item type (maybe I am not looking in the right place to change the item type to digital).

Help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

I will also mention when I tried to create a check out link, I get a message hat says "Sign in to your Weebly account to connect it to your Square account, then create your checkout link."

...I am signed into Weebly. 

Message 2 of 7

HI, to sell a digital item on/with Square you would need to send the file manually.  There is no option to auto send after/with payment.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 3 of 7

I was hoping for this type of setup too. Hopefully, in the future, this will become a thing.

Message 4 of 7

Can someone confirm if this will be added at a later date. 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@DJBOWIE At this time the best way to accomplish this would be using the Online Checkout link for Collecting a Payment as there is no limitation on what you are collecting payment for. 

I will pass your interest to our product team for visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Hi, so if one wants to sell an ebook through Square u cant create buy button, you need to to click create a link, and then what option to choose? Can I choose how many times the customer can download the link? I am so confused. Selz had an excellent service on celling stuff online , but they ran out of business in June.

Message 7 of 7