x

set different pick up and delivery days for 1 location

I am trying to set different days for pick up vs delivery. For example I'm taking orders for 12/23 & 12/24 but I want it to be only pick up. Even when I turn off the toggle in fulfillment that says "use the same hours for pick up & delivery" it doesn't work

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @CierraZ,

Just so I'm on the same page with you here, is the issue that the delivery option is still showing as available for 12/23 and 12/24 and you only want to offer the option to pick up orders on those dates?

When you toggle off 'Use the same hours for pickup & delivery', you will then need to amend the business hours in this section to differ from your pickup business hours and days.

Feel free to include a screenshot of your pickup settings and your delivery settings, so we can take a look on our end.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Yes, that’s exactly right. When I edit one, it edits both. So If i add 12/24 and 25 to my restricted days on the delivery tab it still adds it as a restricted date to the pick up tab. I had them separate for thanksgiving but now I seem to be having issues. I sell sourdough and usually I offer local delivery but to be able to take more orders I need them to be pick up only. I had called support and they were able to take a look and couldn’t figure it out either 

Message 3 of 6

I see what you’re saying about amending the business hours but I want to keep the days the same because I want to be able to accept orders for the previous weeks on those same days. That’s why I was trying to add the restricted dates but for the delivery tab only. I’m not sure if this is possible 

Message 4 of 6

I'm with you now, @CierraZ!

Hmm, this is interesting because when I test this on my own account, by toggling off the option to use the same hours and then setting restricted dates for delivery only, it'll impact both pickup and delivery. I can see even see on the page it now reads 'Select the days of the year when this location will not be fulfilling pickup & delivery orders'. 

I seem to remember this only applying to one fulfilment type in the past, so I'll have to confirm whether this is a recent change or not. 

Leave this with me for now, I'm going to run some more testing on my account to see if this is an option for you.

Laurie
Message 5 of 6

Hey again @CierraZ,

Unfortunately, there isn't an available workaround we can offer you that will allow you to disable delivery fulfilment on select dates while still offering pickup.

The only way you could achieve this would be to disable the delivery option for these dates, or alternatively, you could set the number of days in advance customers can place an order for to the minimum period of 7 days. You could then disable your delivery option on Friday 16 December to ensure no delivery orders can be placed for 12/23 or 12/24.

As it stands, having separate restricted dates for delivery and pickup would be a feature request at this time. I've gone ahead and passed this feedback directly on to our Product Team for review. 

In the meantime, please reach out to us with any further questions here.

Laurie
Message 6 of 6