x

Chip & Pin reader/app hangs when authorising card/PIN

I have been using the chip & pin reader with my Android phone fine for several months. Yesterday & today when attempting to authorise a sale it requests a PIN (as usual), displays a "waiting authorisation" screen, but then just hangs until about 10 minutes later it gives a message "retry another method". I tried my own card, same result, I put the reader & my own card into a borrowed iphone...it requested the PIN, then authorised it in 15 seconds. 

I have tried the following trouble shooting:

Checked phone compatibility OK (Huawei P8 Lite)

Checked Android version OK (6.0)

Checked app version  OK (version 5.5)

Uninstalled app

Re-installed app from Google Play

Accepted/authorised all the setting requests during install

Result...still the same problem

Support closed for weekend..any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @IM,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble using your reader.

Your initial enquiry seemed to suggest the issues may be screen overlay related (definitely try this for the Huawei phone), but if you're having lag issues on the iPhone as well, it could possibly be internet connectivity related. How are you connecting to the internet on your devices? Local wifi or mobile 3G/4G? What version of the app are you using on the iPhone?

You best bet here is going to be to get in touch with our support team, who will be able to take a bit of a better look into your operating environment. You can call in on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri 9am -5pm, Melbourne time ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2