x

Finalising set up

Hi, we've bought a Square as my husband has a mobile business and we'd like to be able to take payments from private customers rather than waiting for them to EFT payments. I can't seem to finalise setting up the account however as if I hit "Skip" when it asks me if I want to buy a Square (I don't - we already bought one...) it takes me to the app which tells me I can't take payments until I finalise setting up the account. I've been going round in circles for an hour!

Our business is a family trust, I've uploaded the relevant documents etc but it just keeps taking me back to the same thing.  Can any kind soul help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hi there @Richard3009 ,

When we signed up using a trust structure the application was a little more involved. I think there are some additional verification steps. I know I was asked for additional info along the way (via email notifications).

See the FAQs here:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/7223-sign-up-for-square-with-a-trust-abn

In particular:

How long does the document verification take?

Trust accounts can take up to 20 business days to activate as our Account Services Team manually verifies the information you provide. If you provide all of the requested information up front, it may prevent unnecessary delays.

Assuming you have provided any required documentation, it's just a matter of waiting... I  think the whole thing took about a week when I did it back in 2020.

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sending through this article and providing some additional context around the process when signing up as Trust, @lawnbrook! ๐Ÿ™

To tag on the back of what @lawnbrook mentioned, as a general rule, individuals/sole traders and private or public businesses will be verified immediately upon signing up to Square. The activation timeframe will vary if you're using an ABN that falls under a Trust or Association business type. For an overview of activation timeframes and the information required to sign up based on each business type, visit our Sign Up for Square Point of Sale guide. 

In terms of expected behaviour, what you have described on your app is perfectly normal while your account is undergoing verification with our Account Services team. Once you have been verified, you will be able to pair hardware to process card payments. You will receive an email confirmation from Square once your account is fully activated.

It's also worthwhile logging into your online Square Dashboard to ensure you haven't missed any notifications to complete your sign-up. If you have pending actions, you can complete these using the following steps:

1. Navigate to your online Square Dashboard.
2. Under Quick Setup, click Finish entering your business partners.
3. Enter the details required.

Let me know if you have any further questions here, @Richard3009!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3