x

Pay staff from square

Hello we are a non-profit sports association and use square to collect payments. We have a need to pay staff from the payment income. It looks like we can only use transactions and issue a refund. Is there another way we can make a payment to staff from the income?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Wildcatsbball ,

Square is primarily a platform for taking payments (in Australia at least) in other parts of the world, like the US, there is also a full fledged payroll solution (but this comes as a cost). As payroll is very much tied to the tax laws of the country of use, I'm not sure this is something we'll see anytime soon..

I'm pretty sure there is no way to simply send funds to an account (unless it's your verified bank account) - but I'm sure someone from support will pipe up if I'm wrong. So yes, refunding an existing transaction/invoice make sense  in Square as it is reversing a transaction it already has all the information for.

I think it may be a better solution  is to wait until the funds hit your bank account, then use traditional EFT or OSKO type payment to your employees. This would probably make much more sense when reconciling your bank account with your tax accounts.

Be sure to set up a transfer schedule so that there are minimal delays before you get the funds to your bank.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Wildcatsbball ,

Square is primarily a platform for taking payments (in Australia at least) in other parts of the world, like the US, there is also a full fledged payroll solution (but this comes as a cost). As payroll is very much tied to the tax laws of the country of use, I'm not sure this is something we'll see anytime soon..

I'm pretty sure there is no way to simply send funds to an account (unless it's your verified bank account) - but I'm sure someone from support will pipe up if I'm wrong. So yes, refunding an existing transaction/invoice make sense  in Square as it is reversing a transaction it already has all the information for.

I think it may be a better solution  is to wait until the funds hit your bank account, then use traditional EFT or OSKO type payment to your employees. This would probably make much more sense when reconciling your bank account with your tax accounts.

Be sure to set up a transfer schedule so that there are minimal delays before you get the funds to your bank.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 2