x

How to turn off online orders from Square restaurant app

Hey,

I am currently using the square dashboard to turn off online takeaway orders when our venue is too busy to keep up. Using ONLINE > SHARED SETTINGS > CHECKOUT > toggle ACCEPT ONLINE ORDERS off.

My kitchen staff do not have access to the dashboard. Is there a way for them to turn online orders off from the square restaurant app itself?

Cheers,

Liz

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Whalebone ๐Ÿ‘‹

Right now online orders can only be turned on or off from the dashboard. I'd be happy to pass on your feedback onto the Restaurants team as I can see how it would be useful to have control over orders in app. 

As a workaround, you could add the online dashboard link to the home screen of to the iPad you take orders on. Your kitchen staff would have to exit out of the Restaurants app, and tap into the link on the home screen to visit the dashboard.

To add the link, go to Online > Shared Settings > Checkout. Next, tap on the share button in the top right hand corner of your browser and select > Add to Home Screen

This should make accessing the dashboard a bit easier for you. Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 3

That's great,

Thank you

Message 3 of 3