x

Inventory management - linking multiple items to a custom sku

Hi,

I'm looking to see if Square is right for me. I like the idea of I've solution for POS and inventory management. My business is basically gift hampers. I was wanting something where I can create custom SKUs (which square does) but where I link a SKU with the items that go into it. So that when I scan a sale, it updates my inventory automatically with the various items that go into it.

I couldn't find an explicit answer for that. Does anyone know if Square supports that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @jasoncleo,

Thanks for getting in touch!

As long as the SKU is the same as the barcode number then yes, you can scan the barcode at point of sale and the item will generate into your sale ๐Ÿ‘

Check here for compatible barcode scanners.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Sheamus,

Thank you for the answer, it isn't quite what I'm after though.

What I mean, is that I buy in several different items which have their own barcodes. I'll want to scan them as inventory coming in. But when I create a custom SKU for a gift basket which contains a collection of those items, then I want to scan the gift basket barcode, and have the inventory system deduct all the individual content items from my stock.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Ahh, got you @jasoncleo,

At the moment there is unfortunately not a way to set this up on our POS app. We are tracking demand for this feature, so I'll pass your feedback on to our product development team.

A workaround would be to scan the individual items into the transaction and apply a pre-set "bundle" discount to the transaction. I understand it's a more time consuming and cumbersome workaround, but it's how you'd have to track individual items sold as bundles for now.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4