x

NEW TO SQUARE & NEED HELP!! ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS BELOW WOULD BE GREAT!!

Hi there, I'm new to square and have a few questions.

- Wondering how to get the square links for my services to give to my web developer?

- Can you add a privacy policy, T's&C's and a questionnaire to these links or is that not possible?

- I see now that these links only provide a basic receipt. Is there anyway around this? and can I add automated or manual personalisation to these links?

- Is the scheduled invoice link any good or should I look at doing direct debit instead?

- Does anyone have other payment systems on their website (eg: Paypal, afterpay, zippay) and do they work well separately. 

Really appreciate any help you can provide!

Regards

Ben

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi Ben,

I noticed this post is a little old now. Did you end up getting a solution to these questions? Your web developer should be able to login to Square and tinker with settings for you. 

We use Square Appointments in store and then Squarespace for our website and e-commerce aspects. Squarespace supports PayPal and Stripe (which also now has Afterpay and Klarna support). We also then use Xero to reconcile everything in the 1 place together (Square, Squarespace via Greenback work great with Xero โ€” Square for example is completely automated in Xero which is so much better than QuickBooks - we used this up until a few months ago). Square then has an embed code you can access from your Seller Dashboard that your developer can integrate into your website for bookings.

Regarding links to individual services, unfortunately I donโ€™t think Square has this feature. However theyโ€™ve been doing lots of upgrades lately so hopefully this might be something we see in the future. For now itโ€™s essentially just your booking form and I would encourage you to group your services together as succinctly as possible (and add variations to each if you need) so it keeps the service list short and sweet for your customers. Square also enables you to reorganise the display order of services in that list, so for our business we have our most popular services high in the order of items to make it as easy as possible for our customers to rebook. Itโ€™s also handy if you introduce a new service as you can promote it by having it high in the order of items too.

With links to policies, we use links on our Squarespace website as references in areas Square enables you to add them. Ie in Privacy we have โ€˜To read our privacy policy, please visit: <insert your link>โ€˜.

Hope that helps!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square Appointments โ€ข Square POS โ€ข Square Online โ€ข Square Reader โ€ข Square Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by Amaka โ€ข Printful / We have used Squarespace โ€ข Shopify โ€ข WooCommerce โ€ข QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi Ben,

I noticed this post is a little old now. Did you end up getting a solution to these questions? Your web developer should be able to login to Square and tinker with settings for you. 

We use Square Appointments in store and then Squarespace for our website and e-commerce aspects. Squarespace supports PayPal and Stripe (which also now has Afterpay and Klarna support). We also then use Xero to reconcile everything in the 1 place together (Square, Squarespace via Greenback work great with Xero โ€” Square for example is completely automated in Xero which is so much better than QuickBooks - we used this up until a few months ago). Square then has an embed code you can access from your Seller Dashboard that your developer can integrate into your website for bookings.

Regarding links to individual services, unfortunately I donโ€™t think Square has this feature. However theyโ€™ve been doing lots of upgrades lately so hopefully this might be something we see in the future. For now itโ€™s essentially just your booking form and I would encourage you to group your services together as succinctly as possible (and add variations to each if you need) so it keeps the service list short and sweet for your customers. Square also enables you to reorganise the display order of services in that list, so for our business we have our most popular services high in the order of items to make it as easy as possible for our customers to rebook. Itโ€™s also handy if you introduce a new service as you can promote it by having it high in the order of items too.

With links to policies, we use links on our Squarespace website as references in areas Square enables you to add them. Ie in Privacy we have โ€˜To read our privacy policy, please visit: <insert your link>โ€˜.

Hope that helps!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square Appointments โ€ข Square POS โ€ข Square Online โ€ข Square Reader โ€ข Square Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by Amaka โ€ข Printful / We have used Squarespace โ€ข Shopify โ€ข WooCommerce โ€ข QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 2