x

One account in two different countries?

I have a Square account in Australia but I'm going to London for a Christmas market. I have a UK bank account.

How do I use Square overseas using the same email address? It doesn't seem to be working at the moment? Or can I somehow use the same account and have two different locations and bank accounts? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @EmSomers,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment we're unfortunately unable to provide cross-border card transactions in different countries. 

This is due to the fact that each country has different laws and regulations surrounding who can take card payments and what conditions need to be met for that to happen - so while you're able to accept card payments in Australia with your Square Australia account, it won't work when in the UK.

It's possible you may be able to sign up for a UK Square account, and then get a UK reader - you'd need to use a different email then go through through their account verification process. This will be slightly different to creating an account in Australia as the on-boarding process needs to meet UK standards, which will be different to the ones you met when signing up for Square in Australia.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2