x

Receive email order confirmation for Scheduled Orders via Point of Sale

Using the Square POS app, we have enabled “Order Creation” where customers can pre-order items (in this case Cakes) for a future date in store. (Rather than using Square Online or Self Service)

The customer receives an order confirmation email, with the order summary and “expected pickup date”. I’m wanting to enable the same email to be received by the store (where an email rule will automatically print).

Spent 2 hours on the phone with Square Support (lovely to deal with) but no solution.

Any Ideas? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Dave05,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm afraid you won't be able to achieve what you're looking to do here with Square's currently available products and business tools. We're presently tracking pre-orders as a feature request with Square Online, which will be the most likely pathway to this sort of functionality in the future - though I don't have an ETA.

For any sales you make in the Square Point of Sale app, you've got the ability to email your customers a receipt, but you won't be able to apply Square Online features such as order confirmation emails if you're placing transactions through Point of Sale app. My best recommendation here would be to sell the pre-order as an item within Square Point of Sale, then manage pre-orders emails and fulfilment outside of Square's systems.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2