x

Selling at a pop up shop

Hi

i have a pop up shop im organising with 3 other businesses at a shopping centre and im trying to figure out the best way to take payments. Now we will all have a space within a 2.4m x 5m area but we wont all be working each day it will be done in shifts basically. anyway so there will only be one sales device and account thats there all week. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make selling multiple businesses items easier? rather than just entering the amount on the keypad and writing down what business and item? hope that makes sense. we cant really add every item into the inventory either. i think that would be too hard. the account is mine so has all my stock in it already, is there a way to create a second "shop" within the app where i can have catagories set up under each business name then basic items in each?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Daisymoon, thanks for reaching out to us with your question! I also noticed it's your first time posting to the Seller Community. Welcome, we're always happy to see new faces! 👋

This is a great question and it's good to see you're reaching out ahead of the event to confirm the best practice here. 

To clarify, as part of Square's Terms of Service, you can only accept payments on a Square Account for the business that has signed up for that account. This applies to businesses that have signed up as individual/sole traders without an ABN, as well as those that signed up with an ABN. In the scenario you've explained, each business would need to sign up for its own Square Account in order to accept payments.

Regarding creating a second location to track stock for a specific event, we've included a helpful guide on how best to manage multiple locations on one Square Account. Have a read through these steps and don't hesitate to reach out to us here with any further questions.

Let me know if this helps to answer your query!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2