x

Switching off Text Messages in Appointments

Hi there!

very new here and trying hard to like square appointments. Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to switch off text messages going to clients for appointments I book myself and time adjustments. Is there a way I can switch the different types of txts on and off? I’ve been slowly inputting all my appointments and just realised I’ve been sending messages to my clients everytime I adjust a time or an appointment… I was working at 1am last night so pretty mortified.

Can I also design a everyday marketing txt campaign, ie.. to check in about their visit “hi customer, how was your visit last week?”

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Xroz thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!

To confirm, when creating, cancelling and editing an appointment in the Appointments app or via your Dashboard, you’ll be asked if and how you’d like to notify your client. You can choose to notify them by email, text or both. You’re also able to opt-out of sending a notification altogether.

When sending a notification, you’ll also be given the option to add a custom message, otherwise, the default message set in your online Appointments dashboard will be sent.

In regards to sending a marketing campaign, you'd want to check out Square Marketing which allows you to send email communication to your customers that have opted-in to receive this. The ability to send text message campaigns is not yet available with Square Marketing in Australia. I can see how this feature will be useful, so I have shared this feedback with our Product teams.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2