x

Using square on multiple websites

I use square for online payments on my website, can I use it for all 3 of my sites under just one account and one bank account and if so how do I do this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @karinastephens,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your different websites are for different businesses, generally you'd need a separate Square account for each business - though you can register multiple Square accounts under the same ABN, and have the funds going into the same bank account. That way we can ensure that the correct business name appears on a customer's bank statements when they place an order with you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @karinastephens,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your different websites are for different businesses, generally you'd need a separate Square account for each business - though you can register multiple Square accounts under the same ABN, and have the funds going into the same bank account. That way we can ensure that the correct business name appears on a customer's bank statements when they place an order with you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for reaching out, to clarify, the websites are all one business with the same bank account just different departments so would I still need a seperate account for each department?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@karinastephens if the business name is the same, you may wish to look into setting up different locations on the account. A location doesn't have to be an actual, physical location - it can just be used as a way to divide where payments are tracked, so you could set up different departments as different "locations".

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Awesome thanks for that. And one more thing, my VA has told me that I can not take multiple payments with square. I wanted to charge one payment of $495 and then 6 montly payments of $395 and she said it wasnt possible. Is that true?:

Message 5 of 6
Admin

You could do this by:

1) A single, once off payment for $495.

2) Set up a recurring invoice once a month for $395 using card on file. Note that the customer needs to consent to having their card details stored for recurring payments. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6