x

When I send receipts to a customer and ask for their email address, what privacy terms do I state?

What do I need to tell my customers, when asking them for their email address, in terms of privacy policy?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

It has been bought to my attention that Square is sharing private purchase information gathered at the point of 1 square user with other square users.
An example is that a delivery receipt email and/or mobile phone number of the customer gathered for a sale at ShopA using square becomes accessible to every other Shop B-Z who also use square. This seems a violation of privacy and you need to take a serious look into this phenomenon and stop it immediately. You ight have it in your "privacy policy" that you do this, but customers are cottoning onto this and it concerns them greatly.
Who is liable for this sharing of information? Is it the square users, or does it come back to square who may incurr the fines for breaches of privacy? Either way I feel I need to immediately start searching for an eftpos alternative and am so concerned that I will desist from using my square.
Message 2 of 2