x

change abn

Hello, I have changed my ABN and wondering if I can change it on Square without recreating an account?

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tryingforourh,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are not able to support a change of ABN on Square accounts at the moment. This is due to the fact that a change of ABN in Australia usually reflects a change of the underlying business ownership structure, and we don't support changing account ownership.

You'd need to actually create a new Square account and enter your new ABN upon sign-up - which is doable via https://squareup.com/au, you'd just need to use a different email address to the one used for your initial account. If you'd like to continue using the same email address, this is something you'd be able to change in the future once you set up the new account.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @BrewMountains, thanks for writing in on this thread.

While I wish I had better news for you here, unfortunately, we don't have further updates to share at this stage regarding this feature request. Currently, you are still required to create a new Square Account if your ABN has changed.

There are a few steps we've outlined here that can assist you in deactivating your current account and transitioning to a new account.

Have a read through the above and let me know if you have any further questions.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 43 of 46

Hello,

I'm looking for an update on when we can change our ABN's on the square platform.  I've changed business structure so have a new ABN.  Surely Square has sorted this out by now.  Thanks.

Message 44 of 46
Square Community Moderator

This is a great question @RRIN.  Square has now established a process in which meeting certain criteria we would go through an internal manual process to complete an ABN change. 

You can contact Square Customer Success through live chat, phone, or email — our number is 1800 760 137. We’re available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Melbourne time. Once you reach out to them let them know that you are needing an ABN change and they will get this escalated to our Compliance team. 

There may be a wait when you call, so feel free to use our callback option if you can’t wait on the line.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 45 of 46

Not being able to change ABN is crazy. Even my accounting software isn't this difficult.

Message 46 of 46