x

overseas sales

Is it possible to do overseas cash sales using Square?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi Birsey!

Welcome to the Seller Community!

You can definitely use the app to record cash transactions while you're outside Australia - just remember that any amounts you record will be in Australian Dollars.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Best Answer

Hi Birsey!

Welcome to the Seller Community!

You can definitely use the app to record cash transactions while you're outside Australia - just remember that any amounts you record will be in Australian Dollars.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 12

I have tried to process a number of overseas (American) cards VISA and AMEX but they have all been declined. Is there anything they or I need to do to enable international payments?

Message 3 of 12
Square

There's nothing that needs to be enabled - every Square account is set up to accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards, whether domestic or international. 

Please keep in mind that processing of internationally-issued cards is subject to card issuer approval - your customer may wish to contact their bank about this. 

If you'd like to discuss some specific transactions, please create an email case or give us a call on 1800 760 137 between 9am-5pm Melbourne time, Monday to Friday. 

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 12

I am wanting to send invoices to customers overseas and would lie the option to remove GST on my online invoices. Does anyone know how i can do this?

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Hey @Niokagirl,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

At the moment you'd need to edit your tax settings to send an invoice without a GST amount included - just remember to turn it back on when you need to include a GST amount for local sales. I can see how it'd be handy to be able to tick a box on an invoice to include or exclude GST rather than manually disabling the tax setting each time you sent an invoice - I'll pass the feedback on to our product team!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

Hi Victjoria

who pays for the money to be converted to Australian dollars? Is it me or my customer?

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Beatrice60

When it comes to converting currency, that would fall on the customer's bank or credit card company they use during the transaction. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

thanks

Message 9 of 12

Hello, Can I use the Square point of sale (the physical device) overseas? I am planing to visit the US and I will like to be able to sale my products while I am there. Can I do that?

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

This is a great question, @verofigarella! You can process card sales in the country your Square account was created in. To accept payments on your point of sale while in the US, you'd have to sign up for a US Square account. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Message 11 of 12

Hi,

I have an overseas client who we have invoiced in their local currency for services delivered in Australia, how do i process the payment in that currency ?

Message 12 of 12