x

terminal touchscreen not working

Square terminal touchscreen not working

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Suzi2,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Square Terminal. If the touch screen is unresponsive, you should be able to hold down the power button for 20secs to turn off the terminal. Once you power it back on then give the touchscreen a test. If you are still having issues please let us know. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Suzi2,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Square Terminal. If the touch screen is unresponsive, you should be able to hold down the power button for 20secs to turn off the terminal. Once you power it back on then give the touchscreen a test. If you are still having issues please let us know. 

Message 2 of 5

Iโ€™m having this same issue. I held the button for 20secs and when it restarted the touchscreen was still not working. Is there anything else that can be done?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @Jsilv

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Terminal!

Your next step would be to get in touch with our Support team on  on 1800 760 137 to go through some further troubleshooting steps. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

If they determine there is a fault with the Terminal they'll be able to direct you on replacing the Terminal under warranty.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Same issue here only the second show Iโ€™ve used it for and it was completely useless- for such an expensive device it was very frustrating. I rebooted it several times only to continue with a frozen screen. Ones sale went through before it was useless for the rest of the day and itโ€™s still not working. 

Message 5 of 5