x

Can I use QR codes with Square Inventory? I'm new.

I'm new and want to use SQUARE to organize my inventory.  I assume that would be best since I am considering using SQUARE to sell items online.  I wanted to use QR codes since they can contain more detail.  How do I associate the QR code with an item I put into inventory on my dashboard?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there.

We currently do not support QR Codes in your Item Library with Square. 

That is an interesting request. I'll send that over to our Product Team!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there.

We currently do not support QR Codes in your Item Library with Square. 

That is an interesting request. I'll send that over to our Product Team!

Message 2 of 6

wounderstand be great even as a options to ring in a sale. I use square at the farmers market and it would make life so much easier if I could print a qr code on a tag and just use my tablet to read the code within the app to bring up the item and add it to the list. No to mention that it could be used to bring up the items information for the customer after if was purchased as a digital business card.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Hello, I have a roadside stand with several self service kiosks. Each kiosk has one type of product on it...all items on one kiosk are identical and the same price. If they go to a different kiosk...it’s a different item, but all of those items will be priceD the same...for that perspective kiosk.

I want to install a QR CODE plaque on each kiosk which reflects that particular kiosks item and price so that customers can simply scan the QR CODE and pay. Is this available through Square?

Message 4 of 6

I have retail items for sale in an area that is unstaffed.  Is there a way to use QR codes as a way for customers to just scan the code and pay conveniently?  It seems its more designed for restaurants and ecommerce.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hello @Swiesler! Thanks for your question. This has been a long standing feature request that we continue to track. Hopefully we can make some strides towards implementing this feature. Let us know if you have other questions or feedback!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6